Quick question about a refunded and then relicenced image I had today. It appears the terms are exactly the same but the price is very different with the image originally selling for $167, then a refund, then the same image, relicenced under the same terms (Newspaper, editorial, 2 million print run 1/4 page) for $11.

Any idea why the price dropped so much?

Quick question about a refunded and then relicenced image I had today. It appears the terms are exactly the same but the price is very different with the image originally selling for $167, then a refund, then the same image, relicenced under the same terms (Newspaper, editorial, 2 million print run 1/4 page) for $11.

Any idea why the price dropped so much?

I had the exact same.  I think someone at Alamy sales made a mistake that's all.  The other newspaper sales I had were for $11.

Pearl

I think someone at Alamy sales made a mistake that's all. 

Pearl

I find that the last hour approaching midnight of every month reports the most activity on my account. It does kind of make me think that the Alamy office (not unlike many) is understaffed and balls are getting dropped in the rush to catch up. The same credit/re-invoicing occurred in the last few minutes of January for me, although in those cases the amounts weren't so drastically different as $167 down to $11 as this month.

Archived