Airport Machinery ID

they used to have something looking similar (but bigger) at Mirabel Airport north of Montreal. They trundled out to arrival aircraft, snuggled up to the doors and then trundled back to the terminal where they hooked up to arrival area. But they had windows along the sides so maybe not the same thing. Did they have any height adjustment mechanics which you would need for differing aircraft?

they used to have something looking similar (but bigger) at Mirabel Airport north of Montreal. They trundled out to arrival aircraft, snuggled up to the doors and then trundled back to the terminal where they hooked up to arrival area. But they had windows along the sides so maybe not the same thing. Did they have any height adjustment mechanics which you would need for differing aircraft?

Dulles (IAD) still has those: Plane Mates.

wim

They're towed sweepers, they have the air blowing/suction equipment and the brushes. Try startbahn kehrmaschine in German.

The knowledge on this forum is just amazing. Thanks, spacecadet, for confirming - and giving me the German.

Thanks also to Robert and Wim. Very much appreciated.

Glad to see there's another aviation fan on the forum!

Gary

You've noticed the avatar, presumably. 558 at Clacton in 2013. Not up to your standard of course.

Actually Google Translate taught me the German for runway sweeping machine, I just picked the alternative I preferred and it turned out to be a good guess.

Archived