Copying tags and supertags from legacy to new images

Hi all, With the old system it used to be possible to open up two browser windows and copy and past keywords from one set of old images into another set of new images. This was particularly helpful when you just wanted to copy over old keywords into very similar photos. Saved one heck of a load of additional key wording time. Does anyone know if it is still possible to do this? Is there a work around? I have experimented with quite a few options but haven't found one yet. Thx. John

On my Mac I can open a new window and do a regular search on Alamy for the image I want to copy from. I then click on it to get the preview page with the list of keywords. I can copy that and paste it into the little box provided in the new Image Manager. All the words do go in and they don't have alphabetical order so I guess they are in the original order from the old image manager. Some people seem not to be able to do this. Good luck!

Paulette

Edit: I think I may be wrong that they didn't come in alphabetical order. I was doing small portions at a time because I would end up with more than 50 and they wouldn't go in. I had already done some keywording in Lightroom so I had to look for strings of words I didn't already have.

It is impossible to do it between two windows of the AIM. That is because the tag input box wants commas. But when you copy all tags from the source image, all commas are stripped.

So the workaround is to use an intermediate plain text form. Usually a sort of note page. Just make sure there is no code. So no Word or equivalent but TextEdit or NotePad are fine.

Paste all tags in this note page; they will appear as keywords or key phrases, each on it's own line.

Put a comma at the end of each line.  Now remove all hard returns or line breaks. This is probably not necessary and should make no difference.  Just do it as a precaution at the moment, because Alamy Tech has warned against using hard returns or line breaks.

Now copy the whole text and paste it on the tag input line. All tags should now appear just as they are in the source image.

There's one small possible glitch: if you have a 30 character keyword or keyphrase, AIM will remove the last character if you add a comma.

However, when you add a space between the last character and the comma, the keyword or keyphrase will remain intact.

wim

Dear Both, Thanks for your detailed replies - much appreciated. What you suggest makes perfect sense but  I was hoping to copy and paste between two image manager windows, as you used to be able to do with the old system, but I guess I will have to change my ways! Old habits die hard. :-(

BW, John

Archived