High discoverability

3 hours ago, ChiTownGallery said:

Thank you for those responses, very much appreciated. Im just an old school photog that hasn't had any luck outside of my own website SEO. To me finally getting looks to begin with is a big plus.  Most of the other sites I have used over the years don't get a look from anyone, unless you're excepted into a special clique, or there long enough to figure out what system is in place to get found.

You are submitting quality images and you will gradually learn what keywords are working for you. You might do a search on one of your subjects and then check out the keywords on the first page of the results. You will probably see a lot of nonsense keywording along with the appropriate words but it will give you some ideas. Just don't be lured into adding words to get your numbers up to "discoverability". You can go into Alamy Measures on your dashboard and then look at "All of Alamy". That will teach you a lot about what search terms people are actually using. You can take one of your subjects and search, for example, %Chicago%. That will bring up the searches that contain that word.

Paulette

On 12/12/2019 at 16:40, meanderingemu said:

2AC5CWF.jpg

I have about 20 KW that might be reasonable for someone looking for this subject.  To get to High discoverability I would need to add things in background like the tram.  But no one who uses "Tram" in KW is good to zoom this image.  

meanderingemu

I took the liberty of keywording your image to a data count of 49. If you added the city you would have 50.

and no penalty on your CTR. As mentioned above; synonyms, hierarchy and plural terms can be added

to enhance access points in search .

women, standing, election, stand, smiling, electioneering, sign, looking at camera, direct gaze, outside, city, street, Croatia, Europe, European, elections, group, coats, candidate, candidates, building trust, relationships, politics, political, campaign, campaigners, campaigning, female, man, leaflets, mandate, support, my plan for Croatia, plan, planning, Dalija Oreskovic, Croatian, lawyer, politician, leader, centre-left, START, Anti-Corruption, Development, Transparency, urban, public, political party, politicians,

I have been doing this work consistently for 20 years . It's an art form -not guesswork.

Maura .

Edited by the wordsmith uk

2 hours ago, the wordsmith uk said:

meanderingemu

I took the liberty of keywording your image to a data count of 49. If you added the city you would have 50.

and no penalty on your CTR. As mentioned above; synonyms, hierarchy and plural terms can be added

to enhance access points in search .

women, standing, election, stand, smiling, electioneering, sign, looking at camera, direct gaze, outside, city, street, Croatia, Europe, European, elections, group, coats, candidate, candidates, building trust, relationships, politics, political, campaign, campaigners, campaigning, female, man, leaflets, mandate, support, my plan for Croatia, plan, planning, Dalija Oreskovic, Croatian, lawyer, politician, leader, centre-left, START, Anti-Corruption, Development, Transparency, urban, public, political party, politicians,

I have been doing this work consistently for 20 years . It's an art form -not guesswork.

Maura .

increase does not equal enhance.

what do you mean no penalty,  now YOU get a hit for someone looking for a " man lawyer politician"  i get a hit for " woman standing on street"  which no one would be looking for a marginal 5th ranked political candidate in a minor european country.  

There is nothing guessing about my KW.  This is hours of analysing search results, AoA and optimization of impact.  

As for the city, it is included   in the description.  

but you are free to handle your portfolio which you are hiding the way you want

Edited by meanderingemu

15 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Without partiularly wanting to enter this debate, it is surely interesting to see how a professional keyworder might handle it though I tend to agree with your points. I know from her previous posts that Maura is just that, not a photographer so not hiding her portfolio or entering into a deceit. She has worked with Alamy on keywording which is why she is here with no images.

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

increase does not equal enhance.

what do you mean no penalty,  now YOU get a hit for someone looking for a " man lawyer politician"  i get a hit for " woman standing on street"  which no one would be looking for a marginal 5th ranked political candidate in a minor european country.  

There is nothing guessing about my KW.  This is hours of analysing search results, AoA and optimization of impact.  

As for the city, it is included   in the description.  

Dear meanderingemu

I meant you no offense. I was simply trying to illustrate how you could hit 50 keywords without compromising your CTR

If people were looking for a group of women and a man in the street having the man would help.

Someone may well be searching for female politicians who are lawyers.. and they may well be searching for this particular

female politician whose work includes advocating for transparency and anti-corruption in government ..

It's the focus of the image. It's what the image is about. It's political. It would have interest for someone searching along those lines.

I apologise, I did not find your image on Alamy and check any words you had added. I just added words and researched as I would have done if I had been presented the image to keyword from scratch.

I really meant you no offense. You posted to illustrate how CTR could be diluted by irrelevant keywords (tram?)

and for that, this was a helpful exercise .

As Harry mentioned, I am a professional keyworder. I do not have a portfolio hidden away anywhere. I work with photographers to boost their sales. My website is here https://the-wordsmith-uk.com/   

My client list is here https://www.linkedin.com/in/keyworder/

Best wishes .

Maura .

Edited by the wordsmith uk