Adobe Elements and the New Image Manager

Any suggestions for entering data  in Elements to suit the new Image Manager.  

It's worked well for the old system with a bit of 'cutting and pasting' but not sure best way forward with the new system.

I used spaces previously - should I start to use commas now?

Is there a way to force 'supertags' at this stage?

EDIT:  I also meant to ask about which fields in the following should I be completing.  At the moment, I just

enter Description and Keywords.  the Author and Copyright fields are completed automatically.

Elements%20Image%20Data%20Panel_zpsr5xpy

Yes. Use commas. Keyword in Bridge. I suggest putting your important ones first. They'll be easy to choose as supertags if those are first. Use phrases separated but commas. This should cut prep time way down.

I select similars in Bridge and keyword them all together. Then you don't have to figure out copying from one to the other in Manage Images. Of course, you can tag entirely in Manage Images by just selecting similars and applying tags across the board. Then if there are some differences, add those separately. Like I might have a Robin on the ground, a Robin on the fence. I'll use all the common words to both, save, then go to each and add ground to one, fence to another.

Yes. Use commas. Keyword in Bridge. I suggest putting your important ones first. They'll be easy to choose as supertags if those are first. Use phrases separated but commas. This should cut prep time way down.

I select similars in Bridge and keyword them all together. Then you don't have to figure out copying from one to the other in Manage Images. Of course, you can tag entirely in Manage Images by just selecting similars and applying tags across the board. Then if there are some differences, add those separately. Like I might have a Robin on the ground, a Robin on the fence. I'll use all the common words to both, save, then go to each and add ground to one, fence to another.

Thanks Betty

That all makes sense.  I'll try it out on my next upload.  :)

Thanks Betty

That all makes sense.  I'll try it out on my next upload.  :)

You're welcome, John. We all need to help each other when we figure something out.

I predict in a few months we'll all be zipping through the new Manage images with ease.

But I'm concerned with people like Keith M and Philippe who have those humongous ports to try to figure out. I'm hoping if they do nothing they'll still be easily searched.

I much prefer the Nikon ViewNX2 software that came with my camera for keywording. You can cut and paste (which I can't at least with my old version of Elements) and keywords/phrases are entered separately by hitting the return key - no punctuation necessary. And you can batch edit / caption.

Archived