My upload might be protected property

I have uploaded six images of the art installation at Uluru, Australia, the Field of Light by Bruce Munro. A couple of photos were rejected elsewhere for: "Non-Licensable Content -- Due to legal compliance restrictions, we cannot license this content in our collection." I couldn't find information regarding this but I have to trust that the agency knows this. Is there anyway I can remove my upload and therefore avoid failing QC? I've never failed a QC yet and don't want to be penalised for my oversight. Any advice would be gratefully received.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama#Australia

I would leave them. If the artist gets stroppy Alamy will remove them anyway, but it could take years. I lost some NT images in the latest cull this year but I'd already made sales by then.

There are a few on Alamy of his other versions of it in the UK.

The "permission for commercial use" is the argument the National Trust use here to justify their bullying of Alamy and removal of our images. It depends what you mean by "commercial".

My usual rule: if there isn't a sign, and you're not asked not to take photographs, they're fair game. If you are asked, and if to continue would be a trespass, don't take any more, but the ones you already have are OK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama#Australia

I would leave them. If the artist gets stroppy Alamy will remove them anyway, but it could take years. I lost some NT images in the latest cull this year but I'd already made sales by then.

There are a few on Alamy of his other versions of it in the UK.

Did you have images of Ayers Rock removed? A couple were accepted on another site but then removed because "Ayers Rock cannot

be licensed due to the spiritual nature of the site." 

But this same site has other photos of Ayers Rock for sale and it seems that the normal shot of Ayers Rock that we see everywhere is okay to photograph anyway. One photo they removed didn't even have the rock in it. I had already made a sale too.

Never been to Australia. We don't have special laws applying to particular places. The National Trust has a byelaw which it is misusing, but that's about it.

Ah, I was trying to figure out what NT was and thought you meant Northern Territory where Ayers Rock is :)

Archived