Failed QC

Hi, I am new to alamy and have just uploaded my first image which says it has failed QC when looking in the track your submissions part, I haven't received an email or any reason why it has failed.

How am i mean't to rectify any problems if i don't know the reason why it failed, Is this normal practice?

Thanks 

Doug

You should read through all the guidelines first, before trying to get into stock photography on Alamy. There's more to it than just uploading photos, and it's important to start off doing things the right way if you want to do well. If you start off badly and not understanding the basics, your rank will drop, and once it starts to drop you'll struggle to get it back on track and will have wasted a lot of time for nothing. So do some reading, gain an understanding of the basics, learn about licensing and keywording, and then you have every chance of doing well.

This is a good starting page:  http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/best-place-to-sell-stock-images-photos/

Good luck,

Geoff.

That's good advice. The page only mentions uploading 4 images as an initial submission if the ftp method is chosen, though. The implication being that any number could be uploaded via the Alamy Upload page: potentially confusing for new contributors.

A bit of a side note here - I wonder if anyone else who's written to this thread has received the "new post notification" email where part of the subject is, "Failed QC"? I did an upload this morning and my heart sank until I realised it was just a new forum post! :)

Geoff.

Ha ha! Not me, I don't subscribe by email.

On another side note, can I just say thanks to the QC team for a super fast 12 hour turnaround last night. I've never known it be so quick.

You should read through all the guidelines first, before trying to get into stock photography on Alamy. There's more to it than just uploading photos, and it's important to start off doing things the right way if you want to do well. If you start off badly and not understanding the basics, your rank will drop, and once it starts to drop you'll struggle to get it back on track and will have wasted a lot of time for nothing. So do some reading, gain an understanding of the basics, learn about licensing and keywording, and then you have every chance of doing well.

This is a good starting page:  http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/best-place-to-sell-stock-images-photos/

Good luck,

Geoff.

That's good advice. The page only mentions uploading 4 images as an initial submission if the ftp method is chosen, though. The implication being that any number could be uploaded via the Alamy Upload page: potentially confusing for new contributors.

Ian, it definitely says 4 images as you initial submission:

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/?section=5

A bit of a side note here - I wonder if anyone else who's written to this thread has received the "new post notification" email where part of the subject is, "Failed QC"? I did an upload this morning and my heart sank until I realised it was just a new forum post! :)

Geoff.

On another side note, can I just say thanks to the QC team for a last night super fast 12 hour turnaround I've never known it be so quick.

Hear, hear!

John

Geoff.

On another side note, can I just say thanks to the QC team for a super fast 12 hour turnaround last night. I've never known it be so quick.

Me too - 12 hours right on the nose

Alex

Good luck,

Geoff.

Ian, it definitely says 4 images as you initial submission:

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/?section=5

I stand corrected.  Not for the first, or last, time.  I've awarded you a greenie by way of saying thanks.  

Archived