Fuji Time Lapse App on Sony RX100 M3

I've bought a second Sony RX100 M3 for my wife to use and also as a back up.

This one has the Fuji Time Lapse App installed.  I've tried it out and after a lot of head scratching managed to make a short time lapse sequence.

It appears to produce a completed AVI file rather than a whole sequence of frames but the results look quite acceptable.

I can't find any instructions for this App and as there are many options I'm hoping I might get pointed in the right direction on here.

Any help appreciated.

John

Thanks Kumar

I don't use LR but was hoping to use the built-in Fuji app that is in my camera.  As I've mentioned, the results are very good and it's fully automated - even shuts the camera down when the recording period is up.

I would like to find further info on using this app and was hoping a forum member has used it or knows where I can download instructions.

John

I don't have any knowledge about Fuji cameras or any timelapse app associated with them. I can't see anything on the web which might be the App you are describing - can you furnish any more information about it? Is it a Fuji product or third-party?

There are a few tutorials on the web relating to producing timelapses with Fuji cameras but they all seem to involve capturing individual frames with the camera and intervalometer and then processing the frames in external software, which is what Kumar is pointing to.

In broad terms much may depend on what you want to do with the timelapses. If you are thinking of submitting them to a stock agency then an AVI output file created automatically by the app is unlikely to pass muster; you really need to be processing the frames in external software and exporting a MOV/P-JPEG file.  If you are doing it for your own satisfaction only, then I would suggest looking at a few tutorials on how to produce timelapses manually and then seeing how the features of this Fuji App fit in with what you have discovered. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. 

I use the intervalometer in Magic Lantern to capture frames on my Canon 60D. I process the files in Lightroom 4, including cropping to the correct aspect ratio for video. I could use pretty well any video editing software to make the final movie, but in practice I usually use Quicktime Player Pro which allows an image sequence to be imported and exported as a movie. Simple but effective. 

Yes - you're right John thanks. I finally tracked it down last night. The app on the camera only shows as a logo. I was told it was a Fuji app but it isn't - it's actually a Sony product.

This make more sense. The app has a number of pre-set options to get someone started but also has a custom setting. It's an inexpensive app but it seems to work fine for anyone wanting to delve into time lapse. Works with a number of Sony cameras.

You have the choice of the camera producing a finished AVI file or the usual series of individual images for use in LR etc.

Thanks for all previous replies

John

Archived