Watermark Review?

Carole Lloyd

Please Alamy, as you're making so many changes, can you do a review on the watermark at some time in the future, also the ability to easily download/print from zooms.

I went to work yesterday and found a 5" x 4" photo on a resident's wall (I work in Nursing Home) with the Alamy watermark still on it. It was a reasonable quality print despite the watermark and the old gentleman was obviously happy with it, but anyone with a bit of Photoshop expertise could easily have removed the watermark.

I decided to do a test download on one of my own images and was able to download and print a similar sized, reasonable quality image easily and as the image had various colours in the centre the watermark was barely visible. It was easy to blend in and the rest was easy to remove with the Content Aware tool in Photoshop - and I wouldn't call myself an Photoshop expert! It would certainly have been be good enough for web use or a small sized print for someone who didn't want to pay.

Please Alamy, as you're making so many changes, can you do a review on the watermark at some time in the future, also the ability to easily download/print from zooms.I went to work yesterday and found a 5" x 4" photo on a resident's wall (I work in Nursing Home) with the Alamy watermark still on it. It was a reasonable quality print despite the watermark and the old gentleman was obviously happy with it, but anyone with a bit of Photoshop expertise could easily have removed the watermark.I decided to do a test download on one of my own images and was able to download and print a similar sized, reasonable quality image easily and as the image had various colours in the centre the watermark was barely visible. It was easy to blend in and the rest was easy to remove with the Content Aware tool in Photoshop - and I wouldn't call myself an Photoshop expert! It would certainly have been be good enough for web use or a small sized print for someone who didn't want to pay.

I'm sorry Carole, but I inadvertently touched the -ve red arrow on your post, which affected your reputation. I apologize for this, it's all too easy to do with a touch screen. I have created a separate thread to Alamy asking that they look into the problem.

Regards

Ken

The current watermark is ok on most images, but anything high key or on a white background and its hardly noticeable, maybe a heaver and thicker drop shadow might help.

If someone is determined enough, they'll get around whatever you do, but making it harder might deter a few from trying

The current watermark is ok on most images, but anything high key or on a white background and its hardly noticeable, maybe a heaver and thicker drop shadow might help.

I'm not suggesting Alamy do this as it would be impractical, but when I add watermarks to my own images I vary the position or the density if the standard setting doesn't show up well enough.

Alan

Archived