Free images for publicity

15:1 "You agree that the Images may be used worldwide at Alamy's option without charge and without prior consent or approval from you in Promotional/Marketing Material or in any other manner at the sole discretion of Alamy designed to promote sales of Images and/or to enhance awareness of the Alamy name/brand or that of the individual Contributor,"

"29: "Promotional/Marketing Material" means promotional and marketing material that shall include, but not be limited to ... ... ...  supply of Images to third parties for use in Image galleries (Images unaccompanied by copy) and editorial pieces (Images accompanied by copy), websites and blogs in return for publicity, specific ad-hoc marketing campaigns, supply of Images to third parties for use in conferences/presentations/keynote speeches in exchange for publicity, and other uses by third parties in return for publicity.",

I hope, but have little faith that this will be very strictly monitored/verified by Alamy (my lack of faith fuelled by six months waiting to get paid for unreported RM uses by one of their biggest buyers).

In any case, with some RM sales netting under $3 already, why couldn't Alamy make us a token payment of this sort for their publicity?

Don't we always say, "never give images away for "publicity"?

It is mostly to be expected, can't expect them to sell our images without using them in publicity. The third party use could be concerning (I have still to read the full changes) but I assume this will cover social media use, web campaigns, etc.

This though is odd - what publicity are we allowing Alamy to get in return for use of our images at a conference? Just a byline or credit for Alamy? Same as the scum companies that contact us personally and offer us a credit for free use of our images? Hope its more than this.

supply of Images to third parties for use in conferences/presentations/keynote speeches in exchange for publicity, and other uses by third parties in return for publicity.",

Archived