Hello!

ChrisSD

Hello All,

I joined and submitted my first set of photos which were accepted! Ive keyword them all. I am wondering how long does it take before the My Almay Page populates for we can use for self promotion? I found the upload and keyword process to be about as simple as anywhere and am looking forward to a long term RM relationship here.

Chris in San Diego

Hello All,

i see some of my photos made it through the next stage and are now in MyAlamy - Next question - how do i change my photos for sale currency to US dollars from L pounds

You can't. You don't set the prices anyway.

The prices will display in the appropriate currency on the English, US and German versions of the site. Your accounts will show dollars, as do mine- Alamy deals in dollars.

Same here. I assume Alamy knows where our IP addresses are, but if so, why doesn't it know that OP is in the US?

I wonder what happens if you log out? I'm loath to try it because I'm not sure I know my login.

if you go to 

https://secure.alamy.com/myalamycustomer.aspx#Payment-options

you should be able to change the currency that you see. 

This is on the normal my-alamy page, that you initially get when you login. 

Once you switched to the contributor dashboard, you will not see that page anymore (but the link above should still work) 

Same problem here. Live in UK, my Alamy page is set to 'living in UK, I get paid in pounds sterling, but sales show up in US dollars. Can't for the life of me figure out why. Would be nice not to get having to convert $ into £ every time a sale pops up.

Archived