Captions in Lightroom

Hey guys,

I'm new.  Very new as in, I just learned about Alamy yesterday (Sunday).  I shot an event which is newsworthy and decided I wanted this out there.  I then created the account and read a bunch on the system trying to feel how this entire thing works.

Since the uploads are different whereas you have stock vs News which needs to get uploaded immediately (48hrs) with metadata already filled in.  I wanted to find out about who uses Lightroom's metadata and where do you put those specific information in?  I already saw the Caption section to put info in but what about Headlines?  Do you put that in the Title section in Lightroom?  I'm assuming that's the only other place I see where I can put it.

So basically, is Title (in Lightroom) the same as Headline (in Alamy)?

What exact fields should I utilize in Lightroom?  I have Lightroom 3 btw.

With the top menu in Metadata set to "EXIF and IPTC" you will see a section for Caption and one further down for Headline. I've only done it once and I'm sure there is more than one way.

Paulette

I don´t bother and keyword them here in Alamy, for me it was very time consuming keyword and caption in LR.

Alamy requires news images to be captioned and headlined before upload.

Agreed!  They did mention it.  Everything's figured out through Lightroom.  Fairly easy as well.

Hey guys,

I'm new. Very new as in, I just learned about Alamy yesterday (Sunday). I shot an event which is newsworthy and decided I wanted this out there. I then created the account and read a bunch on the system trying to feel how this entire thing works.

Since the uploads are different whereas you have stock vs News which needs to get uploaded immediately (48hrs) with metadata already filled in. I wanted to find out about who uses Lightroom's metadata and where do you put those specific information in? I already saw the Caption section to put info in but what about Headlines? Do you put that in the Title section in Lightroom? I'm assuming that's the only other place I see where I can put it.

So basically, is Title (in Lightroom) the same as Headline (in Alamy)?

What exact fields should I utilize in Lightroom? I have Lightroom 3 btw.

News needs to be uploaded in 24 hours, I've just had an e-mail off Alamy to say that the photos I uploaded last night 29th, dated 28th (taken during the day), have been removed from the feed,

I've just asked, when did this change happen?

News needs to be uploaded in 24 hours, I've just had an e-mail off Alamy to say that the photos I uploaded last night 29th, dated 28th (taken during the day), have been removed from the feed,

I've just asked, when did this change happen?

If you had 'news' images, why on earth did you sit on them for over a day before uploading them to Alamy News? Whatever the merits of the story, it was effectively dead in the water by then

See the Alamy News twitter feed:

Top Tip: File your News pictures within an hour of taking them. #Alamynewstips

km

If you had 'news' images, why on earth did you sit on them for over a day before uploading them to Alamy News? Whatever the merits of the story, it was effectively dead in the water by then

See the Alamy News twitter feed:

Top Tip: File your News pictures within an hour of taking them. #Alamynewstips

km

Unfortunately, I was stuck on the M6 for hours and when I arrived home I was too knackered to do anything with them.

It was only when I arrived home last night, I noticed Alamy news images showed 3 days worth. So I thought they might possibly be handy for the weekend newspapers, as they were weather related and and funnily enough, having just looked at your photos, near Aberystwyth, did you complain because I was on your manor? LOL

I didn't actually see them as "news", but thought "weather" photos had a longer shelf life and as I said, due to Alamy's news feed showing 3 days worth of photos, but I bow to your greater knowledge, cheers

I noticed that as well.  I thought it was 48 hrs.  Now it says 24 hrs.

You'll need a laptop with wifi and upload this immediately after shoot.  Make sense I guess but what if you're at a remote location, then what.

Archived