17MB LightroomCC / PhotoshopCC settings

Hello everyone, I joined Alamy today and I am having issues uploading my files onto the website. I am currently using LightroomCC and PhotoshopCC. How can I set up my export menu on LR so that my images will be accepted. I have read all the info for PS but am confused about compressed and u compressed files. Any help into this matter will be apreciated. Thanks.

Put your images in a folder on your computer desktop. Make sure the files are 17mb or larger as an 8 bit tiff. Convert to JPEG. They now will be smaller. Then go to your personal "My Alamy" page and press the upload button upper right.

Navigate to the folder where your images are, highlight them all and press upload.

When they are finished, a pop up will say, " upload more from this shoot? Say no. Visit your My Alamy page again. Click on the button ( can't remember the name of it) to see if your images are there. It should give you the number of images and say processing.

Wait for QC approval. You'll most likely get an email saying they passed in as little as 24 hours or as long as a week. If they don't pass by a week, they most likely failed, and you might need to wait a month before being notified they failed. At that time, you should upload again. Take out the failed image and go through the remaining ones with a fine toothed comb before uploading them again.

Be sure you've inspected your images at 100% and taken care of dust bunnies, chromatic aberration and the images are sharp. Make sure there is no color cast. Make sure the contrast is as it should be. They need to be sharp out of camera, don't sharpen them yourself.

If all else fails, read Alamy's instructions on image requirements.

Hello everyone, I joined Alamy today and I am having issues uploading my files onto the website. I am currently using LightroomCC and PhotoshopCC. How can I set up my export menu on LR so that my images will be accepted. I have read all the info for PS but am confused about compressed and u compressed files. Any help into this matter will be apreciated. Thanks.

I suggest the following LR Export dialog settings:

• Quality: 90-100%
  • Format: JPEG
  • Color Space: AdobeRGB
  • limit file size: no
  • resize to fit: no
  • output sharpening: no
  • watermark: no

You can save the settings as a user preset so you don't need to enter it each time.

Archived