Explanation for "Have You Found Any Images"

Sorry to sound daft, but can someone explain the "Have you found any images threads? Is it for unreported images? Or images a contributor finds and then posts because it says Alamy?

I've just found out of nowhere, I have 7 zooms, (I had none yesterday & a personal record), but having google searched them, two having been actually used in the last week, another record, although not down as sales yet.

One has my name Christopher Canty & Alamy in The New Scientist

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2078074-ai-solves-100-hat-puzzle-used-in-google-job-interviews/

The other has "Alamy" only and is on the This Is Money website http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-3449787/The-powerhouse-Britain-forgot-Liverpool-s-revival-heart-George-Osborne-s-plans-regenerate-North.html

I presume you don't put your own on the search page, or do you?

But should I be looking at the HYFAI and searching the numbers and names on a daily basis to see if any of them are mine?

Also, if I come across any that just say Alamy, should I post them, or are people doing a google search if they find an unaccredited Alamy image, that says Alamy, but no name and then putting on the search page?

Thanks

It's for legit uses, so folks know how their images have been used, not infringements.

If you find your own, by all means put them up, but if you do, it's only fair to put up any other Alamy images on the page/site at the same time. Quid pro quo.

If it's unattributed, try to identify it with Google images, or failing that, with searches on Alamy for likely search terms.

Conratulations on your sales!

It's a forum thread to help each other if we see an Alamy use and have the time to identify the photographer. The normal format is to identify the photographer/Alamy ID yourself. If you can't do that then the forum will often help.

It isn't necessarily for unreported uses just anything that people come across.

Often they will be in that thread before they are reported (because of the lag between use and reporting).

It's up to you whether you post your own in there.

P.S Thanks to everyone who posts in that thread. It's much appreciated  :)

It's a forum thread to help each other if we see an Alamy use and have the time to identify the photographer. The normal format is to identify the photographer/Alamy ID yourself. If you can't do that then the forum will often help.

Often they will be in that thread before they are reported (because of the lag between use and reporting).

Ok Thanks,

One more? Does Alamy look at this then and chase up, or should people look at it themselves to find their own sales

Thanks

It's for legit uses, so folks know how their images have been used, not infringements.

If you find your own, by all means put them up, but if you do, it's only fair to put up any other Alamy images on the page/site at the same time. Quid pro quo.

If it's unattributed, try to identify it with Google images, or failing that, with searches on Alamy for likely search terms.

Thanks

What about infringements or possible duplicates? I have noticed blogs and what don't appear to be "regular" websites copy articles wholesale, how do I report these?

Chris

Alamy knows who it has sold to, but it only reports the type of sale to us, not the identity of the publisher, who is Alamy's customer, not ours.

Agents don't tell you who you've sold to so we look ourselves.

Not much point reporting blogs. Save it for commercial infringements. Report to Alamy or in the UK you can use IPEC yourself.

Ok Thanks,

One more? Does Alamy look at this then and chase up, or should people look at it themselves to find their own sales

Thanks

As far as I know it's entirely contributor driven. Alamy will chase up if you email member services after three months.

Ok Thanks,

Thanks

If I find one of my sales online, I take a screenshot and save the link as well. Put the screenshot in a file I keep for unreported sales. If 3 months pass and the sale is not reported, I"ll contact Member Services.

Jill

Ok Thanks,

Thanks

If I find one of my sales online, I take a screenshot and save the link as well. Put the screenshot in a file I keep for unreported sales. If 3 months pass and the sale is not reported, I"ll contact Member Services.

Jill

Good idea, I have saved the link, but a screenshot and folder or file is a good idea. 

Thanks

Chris

Ok Thanks,

Thanks

Jill

Good idea, I have saved the link, but a screenshot and folder or file is a good idea. 

Thanks

Chris

The screenshot helps if it is an infringement and they take it down and try to say they never used it. You have the screenshot. Be sure the date is visible if you can, although you will have a recorded time of when you took the screenshot.

Jill

Archived