This morning my Zooms increased again . . . and my CTR jumped to .93. It all looks good, yes, but the numbers that really count are Sales and Prices paid. 

Edo

Hi Ed, did you get plenty of snow pictures, and was it those that were being zoomed?

Allan

This morning my Zooms increased again . . . and my CTR jumped to .93. It all looks good, yes, but the numbers that really count are Sales and Prices paid. 

Edo

Hi Ed, did you get plenty of snow pictures, and was it those that were being zoomed?

Allan

Good question, Allan. I don't do News. In the past, on assignments, I covered wars, riots, and have done some very risky things. As a senior citizen shooting stock, I try to be more careful. I live on the 4th floor of a walkup building; can't really afford to break a hip. I went out Sunday, when the snow had stopped falling, and shot some of the aftermath and cleanup. I was also slow in keywording, so the finished job won't show up until tomorrow. 

man-shoveling-snow-in-front-of-aunt-jake

Basically, I can do Stock on my own schedule; News dictates the schedule . . . and having done News and other PJ work on assignment, doing it on spec does not call out to me. My hat is off to those who took the risk and made a special effort.

Oh, and not a single one of the new zooms that upped my CTR were of the Winter Storm Jonas.

Thanks for asking.   :)

Ed, a couple of snowfalls ago I was bought a pair of elasticated slip-on shoe crampons and they actually worked. They need to be bigger than your shoe size.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snow-Ice-Grips-Treads-Shoe-Boots-Cleats-Anti-Slip-Spikes-Crampon-Grippers-Size-S-/191787551586?hash=item2ca76dcb62:g:Nf0AAOSwFqJWn22C

Be careful anyway.

Wow! Those things look serious . . . and so inexpensive. But here in the city navigating the streets can present an assortment of problems. A short walk in the hood yesterday and Sunday involved cleared sidewalks; uncleared sections; spots of black ice, when the temps hover around freezing; and small lakes of melted snow on the corners.

I've been here for the three largest winter storms in the city's history, two in the 21st century, the third in 1947. I missed No. 4 in 1888.  :ph34r:

Ed, a couple of snowfalls ago I was bought a pair of elasticated slip-on shoe crampons and they actually worked. They need to be bigger than your shoe size.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snow-Ice-Grips-Treads-Shoe-Boots-Cleats-Anti-Slip-Spikes-Crampon-Grippers-Size-S-/191787551586?hash=item2ca76dcb62:g:Nf0AAOSwFqJWn22C

Be careful anyway.

You must have small feet Mark. Sizes given on ebay are UK 3 - 6.

Allan

Wow! Those things look serious . . . and so inexpensive. But here in the city navigating the streets can present an assortment of problems. A short walk in the hood yesterday and Sunday involved cleared sidewalks; uncleared sections; spots of black ice, when the temps hover around freezing; and small lakes of melted snow on the corners.

I've been here for the three largest winter storms in the city's history, two in the 21st century, the third in 1947. I missed No. 4 in 1888.  :ph34r:

I cannot believe you are old enough to remember the 1947 storm. :huh:

Allan

Be careful anyway.

You must have small feet Mark. Sizes given on ebay are UK 3 - 6.

Allan

That's why I said you need bigger. Mine are a bit small.

Ed, I think in the US they come with .45s in the toe area, a bit like James Bond's DB5.

Archived