copy paste into batch editing

Trying to paste text, already written and listed in a word doc, into the Descriptions and Keywords boxes on the batch keyword pages and nothing appears in the box? is it not possible to copy and paste text into these boxes from another source? 

Trying to paste text, already written and listed in a word doc, into the Descriptions and Keywords boxes on the batch keyword pages and nothing appears in the box? is it not possible to copy and paste text into these boxes from another source? 

You can't use the Edit  function at the top of your screen. You have to use keyboard shortcuts (which I always forget) or do what I do on my Mac. I right-click or control-click to get the little copy and paste menu.

Paulette

Ctrl-C to copy and -V to paste. Just like the old days.

<pedant mode> Those aren't the commands from the "old days"! In the old days it was ctrl-insert for copy, shift-insert for paste, shift-delete for cut... and trying them out they still work! I think they originated from IBM </pedant mode>  Irrelevant and unhelpful? Probably.  ;)

Archived