I always assumed worldwide usage to include the UK. At least that's how I always presented evidence for book sales for my Payback 2014 claim. DACS however are no longer counting 'Worldwide' or 'Worldwide English Language' as evidence on the summary of sales I present them. Sales must indicate a book was published specifically in the UK. 

This is fine and rules is rules though confused why now and not previously. 

Books/mags have always had to be specifically published in the UK for DACS, I suspect they have now audited a few of the speadsheets and we are seeing the results.

I always assumed worldwide usage to include the UK. At least that's how I always presented evidence for book sales for my Payback 2014 claim. DACS however are no longer counting 'Worldwide' or 'Worldwide English Language' as evidence on the summary of sales I present them. Sales must indicate a book was published specifically in the UK. 

This is fine and rules is rules though confused why now and not previously. 

How have you found out- have DACS contacted you? I've had nothing from them.

I initially submitted a spreadsheet made by copying and pasting from the sales history webpage including the Details column which may be UK or Worldwide. I got an email back saying they needed more details and that I should create a downloadable sales report and include the Region column which shows where Worldwide licences have actually been published. I had to remove some of the Worldwide sales (published in the US or Ireland). I resubmitted and was told all was ok.

When I queried it, they said this was new for 2015 - last year was the first year I submitted a claim and they didn't ask for this detail. Perhaps they are just QCing a subset of what they receive from Alamy contributors.

Thanks everyone for your input on this.

To update and clarify.  I was previously sending them a Word Doc copy of the sales summary - yes, seriously. When in the past I tried downloading sales history, kept getting error page and since the website display of the sales history never showed region (even though selected) or much usage info I didn't see the point in keep trying or contacting Alamy support. Better things to do.

I was advised however by DACs two days ago to get this downloadable sales report, saved as a .csv file and from this they could tell which region my Worldwide usage sales applied to.  So with 'renewed confidence' I tried again to download the report. Again I kept getting an error page! Six times, leaving a while in between, a new Alamy page would open with the same 'sod off' message. OK, not those precise words but I was frustrated so they may aswell have been! Then eventually the download window popped up. 

Specific region of use (ie UK) is displayed in the resulting spreadsheet if not on the Alamy website. And all the Worldwide usage items in question on my claim showed UK in the region field. I didn't bother highlighting or deleting anything, just sent them lock and stock.

Happy to say my claim for book sales has now been accepted, in fact within five minutes of me sending them this report! So have to give DACS credit for efficiency.

In answer to one reply, DACS emailed me asking for further evidence, stating book sales need to show specific UK usage. It was my assumption that this is a new policy since previous book claims were never questioned.

So should be easier next year :)

Archived