FTP Issue

Today I ftp'd 28 images as stock using Filezilla.

End report said 26 uploaded 2 not uploaded.

Re uploaded the 2 that had not gone through.

Just looked at track images; it shows 2 FTP uploads today, the first with 32 images, the second with 2.....Totally f...in' confused  :wacko:

Phil

Well they all passed including duplicates! So deleted the 6 extra images and now on to keywording.

It seems that in the first upload everything went through ok, including the 2 that Filezilla reported as not uploaded.

The extras were 1 image uploaded 3 times, was a large file 194mb panorama; and another also largish, uploaded twice.

Not sure if this was a Filezilla issue or an Alamy issue....Puzzling. -_-

Phil

Phil did the pano come out larger than 25mb compressed, if so that could be your problem.

I just uploaded a batch but before doing so checked them in Alamy size check and it indicated one image would fail for being 25.09mb.

Quick and simple to fix.

Allan

Phil did the pano come out larger than 25mb compressed, if so that could be your problem.

I just uploaded a batch but before doing so checked them in Alamy size check and it indicated one image would fail for being 25.09mb.

Quick and simple to fix.

Allan

No..it was under max size...thing was it uploaded 3 times for some daft reason. Also another file uploaded twice.  

Quick and simple to fix.

Allan

Allan

There is no limit of 25MB compressed - it is based on old guidance and is not applied. Many files straight from the larger MP digital cameras come out at over 25MB.  The only upper file size limit I am aware of is the 200MB uncompressed. Panoramas that are larger than that will be rejected on upload but don't cause a failure.

Phil, 

I've had the same issues will both FileZilla and Cyberduck which seems to cause fewer of those issues but I've often uploaded large batches twice thinking the first batch didn't make it through. It's happened to me with regular uploads sometimes too. Now, if it tells me everything didn't upload, I usually wait about half an hour to see what shows up. 

Phil, 

I've had the same issues will both FileZilla and Cyberduck which seems to cause fewer of those issues but I've often uploaded large batches twice thinking the first batch didn't make it through. It's happened to me with regular uploads sometimes too. Now, if it tells me everything didn't upload, I usually wait about half an hour to see what shows up. 

Reckon I'll be doing the same in future.  ;)

Phil

Quick and simple to fix.

Allan

Allan

There is no limit of 25MB compressed - it is based on old guidance and is not applied. Many files straight from the larger MP digital cameras come out at over 25MB.  The only upper file size limit I am aware of is the 200MB uncompressed. Panoramas that are larger than that will be rejected on upload but don't cause a failure.

Thanks MDM. Maybe Alamy size check is not up to date in that respect as it flashed the image up as a fail. When I reduced the compressed size slightly it was passed by ASC.

Allan

Archived