Anybody using PhotoClaim

I am currently looking at Photoclaim,  all seems good at first however reading between the lines it would seem that they put your claim to a attorney where the infringement has taken place,  then the attorney charges fees to the photographer for his /her efforts then a further 35% is deducted from the amount received from the claim.

Please correct me if i am  wrong, however this is how i read into it.

Years ago i was with Imagerights,  unfortunately most were take downs, claims were to small to chase, or out of their durisdiction.

Yes i am also looking for another service to chase infringements that cost the infringers and not me.

Paul.

Sorry if your German is good, but those transcripts are mostly injunctions and awards of legal costs, not damages. The judgments still have to be enforced in the respective EU state.

In the UK you can do it yourself at small claims without risk of costs.

The Dutch one is just a daily fine for non-disclosure, costs and damages of €50 on account, I think.

Apologies not relevant to Photoclaim, but I recently discovered multiple un-invoiced usages of one of my images by a UK media company, who may or may not be in the newspaper scheme. Raised this with MS and was asked to fill in a form along with evidence of instances of use (about 50).

Awaiting developments, ranging from cannot confirm your case or client bankrupt, through minimal back-payment at newspaper scheme rate, to megabucks (presumably shared with Alamy and legal beagles) for illegal use.  Not holding my breath.  :unsure:

Has anyone else pursued a claim in this way, and, if so, was there a happy outcome?

It would seem that Photoclaim will not work with Macrostock or Microstock images,  therefore images on Alamy would not qualify.

I think this will be a general problem for most wanting to use Photoclaim as most agencies and suppliers are involved with Macrostock and Microstock in some form.

Archived