New contributor needing a bit of clarification

Hi everyone! New here and quite overwhelmed. lol I've had my 4 test images approved, worked 2 of them which are Ready and waiting for update to system to go on sale. Before going further have a few questions.

1. When I work images for them to become ready for sale, do they go up in the order I've completed them? In the order of initial upload? Or how I choose them to be while in MI? I basically want to control what order they appear to separate sizes, types, genre, etc. when my profile is clicked on.

2. If I previously had images sold on microstock sites, then were to remove/disable them, can I then upload here as RM? Or do they need to remain RF?

3. Even if an image is marked Editorial it still has to be RM or can it be either?

4. Should I stay with like 5 images or so a day to upload? Or do multiple uploads of 5? Not really clear how the QC goes. I know if one is failed they all do but is that every image/batch in queue or just that particular one? Of course will do my best not to have any fail, but want to get this right.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Charly,

As far as I can tell, the images go up in the order you first loaded them in. I don't think you will be able to control thier order, size, types genre etc. This is because Alamy works through the client's ability to enter search terms. it does not opperate like a "gallery". In this way, they are able to pull up images relevant to their specific requirements. As contributors, we can use the same search engine to bring up "collections" relating to the same subject.  I would start with uploading smaller batches of images, until you get more confident, then increase the batch size if you want.

As for licence type, there is information provided by Alamy under the topic Licences, in the  contributors information page, which should help you

Cheers

John G.

The only way I have found to affect the order the images appear is to keyword something I want to appear first in a batch on a subsequent day. In other words I am uploading 10 polar bears and I want one to appear first. I save it to keyword on the next day after the first 9 have gone on sale. It is just the case that the most recently submitted are the ones that show first. The thing is that when someone is searching for a subject they won't see your images all at once unless they click "more". Careful keywording is the best thing you can do in order to be seen.

Paulette

I've always thought its the date order of the images that regulates how they appear. i've uploaded older images i forgot I had and they appear in the date range.

Also as far as I've been led to believe, you can't sell an image RM on here and then RF somewhere else.

Be confident in makign sure your images meet the criteria and they will be accepted. Keep your queue busy as much or as little as you see fit.

Last week I uploaded on average 50 images a day. I always upload the amount I shoot and never worry about QC because I stick to the criteria :)

Hi everyone! New here and quite overwhelmed. lol I've had my 4 test images approved, worked 2 of them which are Ready and waiting for update to system to go on sale. Before going further have a few questions.

1. When I work images for them to become ready for sale, do they go up in the order I've completed them? In the order of initial upload? Or how I choose them to be while in MI? I basically want to control what order they appear to separate sizes, types, genre, etc. when my profile is clicked on.

2. If I previously had images sold on microstock sites, then were to remove/disable them, can I then upload here as RM? Or do they need to remain RF?

3. Even if an image is marked Editorial it still has to be RM or can it be either?

4. Should I stay with like 5 images or so a day to upload? Or do multiple uploads of 5? Not really clear how the QC goes. I know if one is failed they all do but is that every image/batch in queue or just that particular one? Of course will do my best not to have any fail, but want to get this right.

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you have sold as RF you cannot sell as RM as how can you 'manage' a use if it's already out for other clients to do with as they wish.

Editorial can be either - you just need to have all MR's and PR's for it to be RF as you do with any other image.

A fail is a fail for everything in the batch and queue.

Thanks all for your time and answers! I had confidence in my images being proper for submissions with 95% or higher on first stock site now, then joined a second microstock site where 1/2 are rejected. Mostly for compo even if main subjects were on the 1/3 marks. They also seemed to not like having room for copy or allow buyers to crop as they wish. And though I don't do many, rejected all manipulated/textured images. Most frustrating and now the wind is out of my sails quite a bit... confidence diminished. 

Sure wish I would've found Alamy before the other sites. Though my sales are very low, a few really good images that I would've preferred to be RM have sold as RF. :( So they'll never be able to sell as RM even if I delete my profiles on the other 2 sites. Got it...

Still a bit unsure about this.... Images no matter how you work them to ready will always be listed under my contributor name, if clicked on, in order of upload? Or as they become ready?

Guest Azure-images

Of course you can sell previously sold RF as RM, it happens on a number of agencies where brought in RF collections are offered under RM terms. Under Alamy's agreement you have to have the same license on an image if it's offered elsewhere.

What you cannot do is offer any form of exclusivity for those images. Since the photographer is doing the rights management on Alamy, after all the contract is non-ex, they have to sort out any rights conflicts.

Archived