Use of an "illistration" in a scientific presentation

I've been contacted by a scientist who  would like to use one of my 'images' to illustrate the 'danger' concept', of  using gene expression results uncritically in a diagnostic context in a presentation to a group of molecular pathologists. He is interested in using my picture of the robot, from Lost in Space, saying Danger Will Robinson, Danger!  He has asked me what the licenceing cost should be for its use in a presentation. I should explain that this is a digitised drawing, not a photograph. I've posted a link so you can see the picture, its not on  Alamy, as I don't think its quite their sort of thing

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/danger-will-robinson-danger-john-gaffen.html

I've no idea what I should charge? Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

John G. :)

Well TCF and Irwin Allen made the series so I imagine they or some licensing company own the rights to the character. Worth a thought if you're exploiting it commercially. Photographers of all people ought to take note of such things.

Archived