My New Keywording & Photography Strategy

After realizing that although I was putting location in the location field, I was failing to put the country (Canada) in the actual keywords.

So last night I did a search for %canada$ in A0A for the past year, and was astounded at the number of views, zooms and possilble sales I may have cost myself. (PIcture me smacking my forehead with the palm of my hand continually  :wacko:  )

I downloaded the excel file for all the searches with "Canada" as part of the search term  So then I figured I would look at the areas I can shoot.  Living out here on the back 40 in nowhereman's land can limit my options for  photographic opportunity.

I did some more searches with subjects I can find available within reason. I then downloaded all the searches.

I am now slowly going through them, deleting non-relative to me and keeping prospective ideas. Not only does it give me more ideas, but has sure come up with more keywording possibilities for images I already have on sale.

Do any of you download searches?

Jill

Have a look at the 330 searches for %foreign%.

My favorite: foreign accent.

Perfect theme for the monthly challenge ;-)

wim

#Foreign Export - ooops I only just now noticed your nick ;-)

I am also going to do a forward check on searches for the upcoming months. Right now downloading October and November of last year. Will be a bit of a slog, but I will slowly learn how to perfect my searches.  Is there a way to to a blanket search but eliminate certain words from the search. I have tried searching %corn% but since I am looking for the grain, I want to eliminate Cornwall from the searches.

I tried using bolean and the - sign, but neither worked

Jill

You could try (corn not Cornwall)

I get 0 results. Surely there is a way to remove something from an AoA search.

Jill

There was a short thread here.

But that was all we found then.

Somehow I even lost my bread crumbs this time. So for the moment no further knowledge.

wim

I get 139,120. I can't see pictures of Cornwall, but there are lots with corn in (I admit to not having checked them all;-))

I'm at a loss to explain the discrepancy in our results, though.

Ian, I am not searching images, I am searching the searches in All of Alamy to do research on what images to plan for in the next month or so. I'll look into the thread wim has posted and see if there is any h elp there.

Jill

Archived