Photoshelter Pro accounts now have unlimited storage

Photoshelter Pro accounts now have unlimited storage at no extra cost. JPGs, TIFFs, RAW files are all included (but still not video, as far as I know).

This is an update to past "Ask the Forum" discussions about pros and cons of various photo hosting sites.

Until now, one of the drawbacks of Photoshelter Pro for some was that storage was limited, unlike certain other host sites.

If you try a Photoshelter account, please consider using this link - if you decide on a paid account, whether pro level or not, we'll both get a discount:

http://www.photoshelter.com/referral/AN8PA2EF2J

All the best - Ann

Ann, my account expires on July 18th.  I really like Photoshelter, but my annual renewal is $329.  That's my biggest drawback - these days, it's a bit too much for my pocketbook based on my income.

Ed Endicott - Unless the car I got at turn of the century lasts indefinitely, I expect to adjust expenses myself down the road.

John Mitchell - PS lists Basic storage as 4GB - you have 55GB - Wow!

(Standard account now includes 100GB storage.)

Ed Endicott - Unless the car I got at turn of the century lasts indefinitely, I expect to adjust expenses myself down the road.

I've have the standard $30/month account with 175 GB storage. I started out with about 30GB but every now and then PhotoShelter increases storage and it's added up over the years. Even so, according to their stats, I'm only using 12% of it.

fD

Yes, I'm paying US$14.95 per month. Not sure why they gave me all the free extra space, but I ain't complaining. I've been with them a long time. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

John, all that bonus storage space must be due to combination of all your years with PS and your [wit, rugged good looks....]

fotoDogue, yes, over the years my available storage had increased with bonuses to a bit over 2TB. I'm using over 650GB.

I considered the Photoshelter Basic but went with Zenfolio as PS does not allow sales of prints or licenses on its' Basic account. I don't have enough images to spend any more than that right now. Zenfolio doesn't do the licenses, but does do print sales.

Jill

I considered the Photoshelter Basic but went with Zenfolio as PS does not allow sales of prints or licenses on its' Basic account. I don't have enough images to spend any more than that right now. Zenfolio doesn't do the licenses, but does do print sales.

Jill

Jill, I've always been able to sell both prints and licenses with my PS basic account. In fact, a Canadian magazine leased an image directly through my website just a couple of weeks ago. I also sell the occasional print.

Jill

You can enable a Basic Account for ecommerce and either choose a print vendor or self fulfillment. PhotoShelter will charge a set-up fee for basic accounts. It's included with Standard accounts.

However I've found clients are reluctant to simply download an image. Most will send an email to contact the photographer first.

fD

Jill

You can enable a Basic Account for ecommerce and either choose a print vendor or self fulfillment. PhotoShelter will charge a set-up fee for basic accounts. It's included with Standard accounts.

However I've found clients are reluctant to simply download an image. Most will send an email to contact the photographer first.

fD

Yes, that's true. Most buyers (such as they are) contact me. However, I do get pleasantly surprised now and then by a direct download out of the blue. Hmmm... could this thread now be headed for Never Never Land.

Archived