New Fuji 90mm lens

The new FUJINON XF90mmF2 R LM WR lens will be out late July. I was interested because I thought it was going to have a Macro 1:1 facility but it from specification it does not seem to be so. :( 

Allan

The new FUJINON XF90mmF2 R LM WR lens will be out late July. I was interested because I thought it was going to have a Macro 1:1 facility but it from specification it does not seem to be so. :( 

Allan

Allan, when this lens was first announced, I hoped it would be a macro, also. But it was shortly revealed on the Fuji-X forum that it would not be.

There is a macro announced, I can't remember the length, but more than 100mm. So one is coming, but it will be awhile before it ships. The macro and the 100-400 will be on my list, for sure. Look at thr roadmap.

Betty

Allan

Allan, when this lens was first announced, I hoped it would be a macro, also. But it was shortly revealed on the Fuji-X forum that it would not be.

There is a macro announced, I can't remember the length, but more than 100mm. So one is coming, but it will be awhile before it ships. The macro and the 100-400 will be on my list, for sure. Look at thr roadmap.

Betty

The macro will be 120mm.

For now, as well as the 60mm, Fuji also produce a couple of extension tubes so you can shoot macro with a few lenses in their existing range. You lose infinity focus then though.

Thanks folks. Yes I have the extension tubes but after trials with the lenses I have thy are now sat in a drawer and will not see the light of day again.

Allan

Thanks folks. Yes I have the extension tubes but after trials with the lenses I have thy are now sat in a drawer and will not see the light of day again.

Allan

Good to know, Allan.  I had wondered whether getting the extension tubes would be worthwhile.  Now I know.  :D

Archived