Digital Cyanotypes

In their most recent picture needs blog post, Alamy mentions cyanotypes of plants. I remember my father, who was an architect, making blueprints using this printing technique. Cyanotype-like images must be fairly easy to create digitally. Has anyone experimented with this?

Here is an example. It looks a bit fuzzy to me. This doesn't bother me, but I don't think that I would have been brave enough to submit it.

It's a preset in Photoshop under image adjustments. Tons of results on Google. if you do an image search you see some believable results. Broad brush strokes form the most *real* frame though.

This one is not digital: world record cyanotype, done a couple of days ago.

wim

edit: more accurate link

It's a preset in Photoshop under image adjustments. Tons of results on Google. if you do an image search you see some believable results. Broad brush strokes form the most *real* frame though.

LR and PS presets are a very time efficient way of creating cyanotypes, instagram, variations etc for images that you think would be more commercial for such treatments.

Make your standard user preset to get you close then tweak the individual image.

This is a tweaked from a preset I have created in LR http://goo.gl/XMk8PR

LR and PS presets are a very time efficient way of creating cyanotypes, instagram, variations etc for images that you think would be more commercial for such treatments.

Make your standard user preset to get you close then tweak the individual image.

This is a tweaked from a preset I have created in LR http://goo.gl/XMk8PR

Not sure it's a problem but you have spelt 'Farlington' with an M in the location caption. OK in the keywords though.

Archived