Order of News Topics

Is there a way to submit a batch of news images so that the (photographer's) preferred image appears in the thumbnails.

I simply can't work out why some images seem to find their way to the top of the heap. Any advice much appreciated.

Russell

First image uploaded should appear in the thumbnail view of news images though Live News may be able to change that. If an image has a different headline, or is missing a headline it will appear in a separate stack.

fD

If it really bothers you, pick the image that you want to appear first and append an 001 at the front of the filename before upload- or whatever would work best with your own image naming strategy... just basically re-name so that your chosen image will be numerically sorted to the front. But as already stated, that won't influence what actually gets pushed.

If it really bothers you

It's not so much that it bothers me ... But I try to present a logical story from the first image through to the last in the set. So I both name and upload my images in that sequence. When the unintended image is shown as the lead image, it causes my story to lose continuity.

For example, my last news submission was of a half-marathon, from start to the winner breasting the tape. But the news desk decided to promote an image of one of the runners (OK it was of a somewhat portly middle aged gentleman in a blue Elsa dress giving the thumbs-up as he ran). I can see that that might grab a prospective buyer more.

At least I understand the process now (I think).

Archived