Sony a5000

The Sigma 60mm f/2.8 for Sony E is about $200 at B&H now. It gets the highest sharpness rating on the DXOMark chart Bryan put up the other day. I was even considering trading my Sony 50mm f/1.8 for one . . . but my Sony 50 is also sharp and it's faster and has image stabilization . . . once again I stand pat. And trading my NEX-7 for an a6000? The a6000 has some new tricks, most of which I can live nicely without, while the 7 has that much better viewfinder. They both have the same 24.3 sensor. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=10918896&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi

http://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/Best-lenses-for-the-Sony-A6000-Primes-and-Zooms/Best-prime-lenses-on-the-Sony-A6000

The a5000 should be here tomorrow if tracking is correct.  I went back and looked at the a5000 at B&H and Adorama and they have ran the price back up to $448 so guess I ordered it just in time.  It first had a $200 instant rebate and it was changed to $50 now.   

Well I have the a5000 now so guess I should venture out and give it a try.  I agree about the lower MP sensors my D200 produces files that are plenty big enough but doesn't handle noise as well as the D90.   

Well I have the a5000 now so guess I should venture out and give it a try.  I agree about the lower MP sensors my D200 produces files that are plenty big enough but doesn't handle noise as well as the D90.   

Great. Let us know how things work out.

Marvin,

Thanks for the heads up about the sale price. I've recieved mine and while I'm not wild about the kit lens, I'm still testing and learning about the camera. If we ever get some clear weather here I'll get some shots off to Alamy. Looks like QC shouldn't be a problem, but the corners at 16mm give me new appreciation of my old, cheap 24-85 lens on 5D. 

Archived