3rd party batteries for XT1

Ex-pro, chilli power, ezopower, inov8 etc etc lots of choice at various price points. Notwithstanding the 'you've just spent a small fortune on a camera why skimp on the battery, would you put chip oil in a Ferrari etc etc' has anyone got any comments on cheapo batteries for the XT 1 ?

I have the kit that included a charger and two Wasabi batteries.  They work fine.  No complaints, but then I rarely shoot over 20-40 images at a time.  Not sure how much time it would take to drain one of those against the original.  But I figure in that case, I have two spares to take along, so what does it matter?

Betty

I use Hahnel and Fuji batteries in my X-T1 & X-E1 completely interchangeably and don't notice any difference. It is not unusual (not common) for me to shoot 2-300 images in a longer session when shooting more active subjects and both types cope equally well. I get at least the quoted number of shots but I don't have review switched on and rarely chimp (unless I am concerrned about difficult light or other challenge),

I wouldn't use unbranded batteries though.

Thanks - I looked for the Wasabi as it does seem to be favoured on other forums too but it was o.o.s. so I've ordered myself a few Hahnel at £18 a pop - approx one third of the price of a Fuji. Sorry Mr Fuji.

Camera hasn't actually turned up yet but it's on it's way from Ffordes - £1249 + free grip + £100 cashback so I decided that was as good a deal as I was likely to get for the 18-135 kit so I've taken the plunge.

I use Hahnel too in Fuji and Nikon. I recall Nikon warn specifically against third party batteries becuase lesser makes get hot as they lose charge and may cause damage. I have not had any problems with Hahnel

J

I  recall my father having several Nikon Coolpix overheat and melt - using Nikon batterties. So perhaps they are a bit paranoid; and they would say that anyway!

I use Hahnel too in Fuji and Nikon. I recall Nikon warn specifically against third party batteries becuase lesser makes get hot as they lose charge and may cause damage. I have not had any problems with Hahnel

J

I  recall my father having several Nikon Coolpix overheat and melt - using Nikon batterties. So perhaps they are a bit paranoid; and they would say that anyway!

Well quite !

Could have been a bad batch. Apple had a problem with their laptop batteries a few years ago too

I think that's why they [Nikon] started putting a little hologram logo on their approved batteries.

J

Well quite !

Could have been a bad batch. Apple had a problem with their laptop batteries a few years ago too

I think that's why they [Nikon] started putting a little hologram logo on their approved batteries.

There was a spate of problems about that time with Litium based batteries. Sony and others had problems too, so branded batteries were not immune. Many of them, I believe, are made by the same people that make third-party batteries - not necesasrily to the same design or exact specification though.

Archived