Fuji X-T1 firmware update ver 3.00

I have already applied new firmware to mine and I now have a camera that is totally silent using the electronic shutter, that will be great if I can use it at writing and poetry readings. The X-T1 was already near silent and usable for that but the ES makes it even better. I appreciate it may not work in all situations (esp where there is movement).

I will get out with it tomorrow and see how the new stuff works. Would like an app to be able to use my laptop or pc as a remote when shooting studio stuff. WiFi tethering!

Yeah, very nice update. There are so many good  changes it's hard to know where to start! Being able to use the EVF with Natural setting while also keeping Velvia (or one o0f the others) selected for jpgs. Being able to use 1.4 in full sun with the increased shutter speed... Full manual operation for Video as well now! Nice Christmas present from Fuji.

It should eventually be part of the X100S surely.... as you suggest, I doubt it will arrive on a Pro1 firmware. Found the quote below so there is a chance!

It has nice contrast with a slightly desaturated look. I've set shadow tone to +1, NR to -2.

"In addition there's a new Classic Chrome Film Simulation mode and 1/32,000th sec electronic shutter that are new to the series. An update to bring such features to both the X100 and X100S models hasn't been confirmed - but we wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility."

Archived