transfer all images to a new pseudonym

Hi all,

Is there a quick way to transfer all images to a new pseudonym?

I have 5k images under a pseudonym and I am thinking of transfer to a pseudonym with new name.

I can do batch by batch in manage images but any quicker way?

thanks.

You can go through page by page (use maximum no of images per page), do select all and add  them to a batch - I have worked with 1000+ images batches doing exactly this in the past for around 3000 images - it didn't take long, probablyless than  half an hour. Alternatively MS can supply a spreadsheet with ALL your image data and you can update it and they will apply it for you.

BTW I get the impression that if you move images between pseudonyms sales slow considerably until after the next rerank. I did it over last winter and I got no sales until about a month after the Feb 2014 rerank. I rethought my approach and did it again August time and sales stopped until this week - again a month after a November rerank. It may be a coincidence as my sales were pretty erratic because my photography was very part-time until this spring, but full time since September. You will lose Measures history anyway.

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. I guess it is the only way to do pages by pages. 

Maybe I will transfer it gradually by batches so let new pseudonym grows.

I think once you get started you will just plough through. I was going to do it bit by bit but I ended up pressing on and did it in 2-3 batches either side of a cup of coffeee! I did bigger and bigger batches as I got more confident that it worked.

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. I guess it is the only way to do pages by pages. 

I think once you get started you will just plough through. I was going to do it bit by bit but I ended up pressing on and did it in 2-3 batches either side of a cup of coffeee! I did bigger and bigger batches as I got more confident that it worked.

Martin when you transferred images to new pseudo did you find that if they had been zoomed or licensed in the old pseudo the indication (CTR) in your dashboard remained with the old pseudo?

Allan

Martin when you transferred images to new pseudo did you find that if they had been zoomed or licensed in the old pseudo the indication (CTR) in your dashboard remained with the old pseudo?

Allan

I can't recall Alan. Both my sales and zooms had pretty much collapsed to zero anyway which is why I did the major restructuring. My sense is that they did not come across, but I could be wrong.

Allan

I can't recall Alan. Both my sales and zooms had pretty much collapsed to zero anyway which is why I did the major restructuring. My sense is that they did not come across, but I could be wrong.

That is what I am finding. All the sales and zooms figures stay with the old pseudo.

Allan

Hi, I'm new to Alamy and not sure about some of the terminology.

Can someone give me some examples of how they have used pseudonyms.  Is it simply a collection of related images?  In Istockphoto we have lightboxes.  Are pseudonyms a similar idea?

Archived