I'm planning to purchase one of these.  Reviews are favourable and just wondered if any member on here have any experience of this model.

I know there are larger models but my budget will only stretch to this one plus I have very limited desk room.

The use will be mainly Photoshop image Editing.

John

Edited by John Walker

I retired my Wacom tablet in favour of an optical mouse. I find the optical mouse easier to use. There is no need for a mouse pad, just the top of the desk. There is less wrist strain with an optical mouse, than working with the pen on a tablet.

If you are doing freehand art there is an advantage to using a pressure sensitive pen on a tablet to vary the size and shape of the brush as you sweep the brush across your artwork. As a photographer I never did that. I had the brush size pressure feature on the pen turned off, as I found it hard to precisely control brush size when cloning.

Initially the old mechanical mouse was inferior to a tablet because the mechanical mouse would pick up dirt and jam up. You were also restricted to the size of the mousepad and had to keep lifting the mouse.

I am using the standard Apple optical mouse that came with my MacPro computer in 2008. The tablet is no longer supported by Wacom. I do not miss it.

I have a small Pro model, not the Pen but I love it and would be lost without it.  It took about 2-3 days to get used to it.

I threw out the mouse about 10 years ago and only used Wacoms since then. Takes 2-3 days to get used to. Good thing is that nobody in the family will mess with my computers cause they don't "like" the pen.

Right now I use the Intuous 4 Small. Used to have a bigger one (Intuous 3 Medium?), but then you have to move your arm around so much - smaller is better. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all your encouraging and informative replies - it should arrive tomorrow.

John

I threw out the mouse about 10 years ago and only used Wacoms since then. Takes 2-3 days to get used to. Good thing is that nobody in the family will mess with my computers cause they don't "like" the pen.

Right now I use the Intuous 4 Small. Used to have a bigger one (Intuous 3 Medium?), but then you have to move your arm around so much - smaller is better. 

+1

Using the Intuos 4 Medium at the moment and used various other ones over the last 10+ years. If you use PS for serious photo editing, a tablet is a must have option. The level of control is far greater.

• Upvote 1