Incorrect thumbnails showing in search results (title changed)

I would say there are two different problems here and the one Wim highlighted isn't the same as the one I originally mentioned.

On the iPad (and possibly elsewhere), there's clearly an issue with dynamic indexing - changing from search to search and differing by browser. The example Wim gave is down to the fact that Alamy have somehow managed to duplicate their reference numbers! For instance, do a search for "CMMJDD" and you'll see 2 shots - of totally different subjects by different contributors. Looking at a couple of samples, it would appear that the duplicates are one RF image and one RM.

Whatever it is, there's clearly something wrong and Alamy do appear to be burying their heads in the sand about it.

Ian D

Ian,

You're probably right, but what if there is an underlying problem?

Not sure about the sand. More likely a tech department buried in problems and unwanted side effects.

wim

I'm sure there is an underlying problem, Wim - I was simply saying the the two issues aren't directly related.

My comment regarding Alamy burying their heads in the sand refers to the responses I've had from MS, who say they've investigated the issue and it's down to browser compatibility - which it clearly isn't.

Ian D

Hi All,

I am using Mavericks latest and searched my two pseudos for my images. One came up with 19 images which have nothing to do with me and I have more than that in the pseudo. The other pseudo came up with "Sorry no images." HUH!

Then I remembered when searching for my pseudos I should be using "Advanced search" DOHH! When I did, sure enough, everything was fine.

Allan 

I've had that screwy behavior ever since getting my iPad Air 4 months ago. I figured the behavior was unique to the iPad.

There is someone else's thumbnail showing a wooden sign that says "sage" when you click on my images under my name, here. Yet if I click on that image, I get one of my St. Croix images.

Archived