Lightroom / ACR Trick

This link describes a nice little trick to give your images some pop. It talks about Lightroom but works for ACR too.

https://fstoppers.com/landscapes/give-your-colors-nice-kick-lightroom-trick-38646

I've searched the Alamy fora and couldn't find anything posted previously so apologies if I've missed it.

Similar to recent thread concerning optimum (or otherwise) presets etc, short-cut "techniques" such as this (and there are a host of similar others that have been around for donkeys' years) only "work" on certain types of images--this one for example you wouldn't dream of using in a fit if realistic skin tones are important to you.

For me, I much prefer aiming to get the best result from my camera (especially re: skin tones) with accurate white-balance and exposure and non-automated post-processing (other than some occasional minor batch processing of images taken under the exact same conditions). It means I can't process a thousand images a minute, but hey, not everyone subscribes to the "close enough for jazz" philosophy :-)

dd

Archived