Rohn Engh publisher of Photoletter,etc has passed away

Linda

A great shame, I still have my copy of Sell and Resell your Photos in my book case (a pre-digital edition) and much of the advice still applies. He defined stock photography for me; I might just reread it this weekend as I currently need all the help I can get!

Sad to hear of Rohn's passing. I haven't subscribed to his newsletters for years. However, his book that Martin mentioned was a big help when I first started selling my photos.  I too have a copy on my bookshelf and still consult it. Rohn was apparently getting ready to "retire." Too bad he didn't get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

It is indeed very sad that Rohn passed. It was very fast from when he got ill and that, in a way, is a blessing.

I worked with Rohn and PhotoSource for 10 plus years and co-wrote the last (5th) edition of Sell And Re-Sell Your Photos. Over the years we developed a wide variety of guides and reports for editorial stock photographers such as a starter kit for beginners, a survey of photo buyers, a beginner's guide to digital for those venturing into that for the first time, and lots more.

Rohn will be missed, and I'll miss working on various projects with him.

Rohn will be missed, and I'll miss working on various projects with him.

Mike:

Indeed, you were an important part of Photosource. Today I noticed that the website is gone, replaced by that of a camera store called Photosource down in Texas. I'm sorry to see it go and I'll miss some of the characters on that board. 

It's so sad it had to end this way.

Archived