How many photographers on Alamy ?

The contrib section says over 30,000. Most agencies have a 80/20 split in that only 20% are truly active at any one point - I don't know if that would be better or worse with Alamy.

The contrib section says over 30,000. Most agencies have a 80/20 split in that only 20% are truly active at any one point - I don't know if that would be better or worse with Alamy.

On this basis each contributor has an average of 1,600 images on Alamy. If only 20% are active this would make the average active portfolio about 8,000 images. Your guess is as good as anyones.

dov

On this basis each contributor has an average of 1,600 images on Alamy. If only 20% are active this would make the average active portfolio about 8,000 images. Your guess is as good as anyones.

dov

Don't forget the agencies......

• 3 months later...

Just to bring this up to date ...

In a post on the Microstock forum, dated 8th August 2014 Alamy states that they have 37,000+ contributing photographers.

Yes but how many are active, have uploaded 10 or more images in the last year say? How many have uploaded more than once in last year, last three months or even more than the initial QC batch?

Me too in the past, I have had spells where I submitted little or nothing for extended periods due to other pressures and lack of motivation. I am now in the position of having to find a way of making it viable whatever my motivation. I get edgy after uploads even though I haven't had a failure in 4 years but I will, when i don't know but I am only human.

I am new here since a week and another batch with more than 60 images is in queue. Hope they'll get accepted so i can caption and keyword and reach 100 images soon. Just shots from the last year so don't expect me to upload 100 Images per week :)  Don't have so may hq photos in my archive sadly :)

Archived