How can I rank one of my photos better than others?

Sometimes I have some similar photos of the same building, for example one during daytime, one at dusk and one in the "blue hour". They are from the same perspective and almost have the same keywords. My problem is that one of the photos (the blue hour one) looks much better than the others. While the others are also relevant for customers who prefer a daytime shot for example, I want the blue hour version to come up first in the search results. How can I achieve that? A very radical way would be avoiding the building name in the "essential keywords" of the photos I do not want on top. So the blue hour version would have the building name under essential keywords and the other photos only under "main keywords". The downside is that this would damage the ranking of my other photos, as the building name in fact is a very essential keyword and should be listed there. Is there any other way to make one of my photos the first among (almost) equals? Otherwise I am afraid that keywording the other photos will result in the blue hour photo just appearing behind the Link "MORE (3)" under a daytime shot in the search results.

For example I want to be able to choose, which of those photos (all  uploaded by me) will appear first, if somebody searches for "Petronas Towers". How can I achieve that with keywording, without damaging the ranking of the other two photos?
similar.jpg

Use different pseudonyms perhaps. The best ranking containing the best image, but (a lot of) other images from other contributors will probably mingle with yours. Personally I wouldn't bother and would anticipate it to be more harmful than helpful. I would prefer them to be showed more or less together as your top priority should be to be up front. If customers find the image to be the best you may find it on top automatically after a while.

It used to be that if you keyworded --and therefore prepared an image for sale-- on a later date it would come up first because the most recently added to the site came up first. I'm not sure that is true anymore. They seem to be doing more scrambling of the images.

Paulette

Interesting idea. The problem is that in the past I always uploaded the best photos first, as I wanted them to be online as fast as possible. In fact ranking them by date only ranks them by the uploaded date, not the date when the photo was taken. I do not understand the logic behind that. "New" for me would mean that the photo was taken very recently. If the take the upload date into account, I could delete some photos an upload them again. Of course they would lose their ranking then, but they would appear under "Added in last 1 month".

My fear was that if you have three almost equally keyworded photos, the scrambling algorithm puts them on different pages to reach a greater diversity. So one image on page 2, one of page 5 and one on page 7. That would mean that some images appear further down the list, although they also should be one page 2. But maybe the scrambling is really random. Then one image would not not have an effect on the other.

If I was a buyer, I'd know what I was looking for so keyword it that way. If I was searching for a blue hour one, I'd like search for Petronas Towers at night. If I wanted one during the day I'd change the text to suit. Keyword for how they'll search and make it less generic.

Hmmm….this topic is a moot point for me as well.  I have 30 images of East Village in Stratford, London but any 'Relevant' search always brings up the first images I made in 2013 which show the construction hoarding. Not only does this not reflect how the place now looks but buyers will see the numerous new images taken by other contributors of the shiny new apartments and not see that I also have many of those too. Obviously the 'New' tab here is useful but not all buyers will search that way.     

Archived