Daily Mail. Same company different problem

This is not about the Daily Mail failing to report correctly. That has been done to death on this forum.

I have two images reported by alamy as sales back in January that have yet to be paid for. When are alamy going to tell them to get their house in order and if they do not they lose their massive discounts. What company would continue to give massive discounts to another whilst they fail to pay or manage their account properly.

Has anyone else got Daily Mail images reported by alamy in January yet remain unpaid.

Alamy, please comment rather than the standard reply by MS of "our credit team are always chasing up payments"

Its not the matter of the money ($6 doesn't make you rich), its the principle

Kevin

I had thought that the agreement with the Daily Mail is that they pay Alamy a fixed amount each month. Isn't the issue that the Mail are tardy, and inaccurate, in reporting their usage? In other words Alamy has been paid but hasn't the information to hand to distribute the proceeds.

dov

Isn't the problem simply that Alamy get paid a fixed amount and it is then shared out between those togs that have their pics reported.  If a few photographers don't get paid it makes little difference to Alamy profit wise.

If Alamy simply refuse any discount for the papers, they will simply go elsewhere.

I am not saying Alamy isn't bothered, but it does not affect them as it does the individual photographer.

Having had numerous instances of newspapers failing to report it hacks me off greatly, but lets face we are dealing with newspapers and big corporations here and morals don't come into it. 

Not sure what we can do other than publicise it.

Isn't the problem simply that Alamy get paid a fixed amount and it is then shared out between those togs that have their pics reported.  If a few photographers don't get paid it makes little difference to Alamy profit wise.

If Alamy simply refuse any discount for the papers, they will simply go elsewhere.

I am not saying Alamy isn't bothered, but it does not affect them as it does the individual photographer.

Having had numerous instances of newspapers failing to report it hacks me off greatly, but lets face we are dealing with newspapers and big corporations here and morals don't come into it. 

You could withdraw from the newspaper scheme?

surprise surprise. Alamys response is

"We’ve checked the payment status for the sale of your images BBWGF2, C1KKJK and C03R94 with our Credit Control team. They’re still chasing the customer for this payment.

Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about it. You’ll receive payment but we just can’t give you a timescale. We’ll update your account as soon as we’ve got the payment."

Should they really be chasing the Daily Mail when they get such large discounts. As previously mentioned, they pay a monthly fee (we are led to believe) so this must mean they are not complying with thier contract

Kevin

I queried a sale in the Telegraph a few weeks ago. It was reported 31st Jan this year and had not cleared by 19th May. I got the following response from MS....

"The time it takes for a sale to clear depends on the type of customer and if they've got a particular deal with us. With the majority of customers it can be from 45 days up to 3 months."

Miraculously, it cleared that very day :rolleyes:

Why? I am a business, withdrawing from the scheme will only affect me, it won't change the reporting.  Having been in and out of the newspaper scheme I feel that overall the reasonable sales outweigh the lack of reporting and am therefore better off in it at present.   It doesn't stop me being hacked off about the issues of unreported or low priced sales though. 

Why? I am a business, withdrawing from the scheme will only affect me, it won't change the reporting.  Having been in and out of the newspaper scheme I feel that overall the reasonable sales outweigh the lack of reporting and am therefore better off in it at present.   It doesn't stop me being hacked off about the issues of unreported or low priced sales though. 

If you opt out the newspaper scheme, the low priced sales won't happen because the Daily Mail won't see your images.

I just had one reported that was used last November, but I did ask MS to chase it up. 7 months seems a long time and it does make me wonder if any others have been used but not reported, As KWheal said, it's not the money so much as the principle. If a photograph is used it should be paid for in a timely manner.

Archived