Personally I think images taken from a model carrying a camera, of any kind, have a very limited use/appeal. Certainly not enough to recoup outlay.

http://skyvantage.co.uk/aerial-fliming-clients/

Remember that not only are you talking about work in the image field but also they are used for power line inspection, high construction inspection, environmental mapping plus a host of other applications.

The links you provided to the Hexcam site prove that . . . although close inspection of some of their gallery images shows they could do with the services of someone who knows how to use Photoshop properly :-)

Some of the images these setups are capable of are unique: a long pole or low-flying aircraft can't replicate much of it, so there is potential for all sorts of revenue streams for anyone interested, with the time and willingness to have a go . . .

dd

Exactly Dusty Dingo, whoever you are. 

A drone can give a unique point of view because it can operate in that no go zone for long poles and fixed wing aircraft. Helicopters are expensive, require permits, and are not available on short notice. Ultralight aircraft, for practical purposes, cannot be flown the long distance to the photo location.

I am always on the lookout for cliff tops, high bridges, high buildings, and observation towers as a photo platform. However they are usually unavailable, and everyone does it, so the point of view is not unique.

Canada has been lenient about drone flying regulations, and wilderness/country areas should be no problem here.

Some very useful info and observations in this topic. My original post was prompted more by curiosity than anything else, but it's good to know all the issues involved as it's certainly an interesting possibility.

Alan

Personally I think images taken from a model carrying a camera, of any kind, have a very limited use/appeal. Certainly not enough to recoup outlay.

http://skyvantage.co.uk/aerial-fliming-clients/

Remember that not only are you talking about work in the image field but also they are used for power line inspection, high construction inspection, environmental mapping plus a host of other applications.

The links you provided to the Hexcam site prove that . . . although close inspection of some of their gallery images shows they could do with the services of someone who knows how to use Photoshop properly :-)

Some of the images these setups are capable of are unique: a long pole or low-flying aircraft can't replicate much of it, so there is potential for all sorts of revenue streams for anyone interested, with the time and willingness to have a go . . .

dd

Exactly Dusty Dingo, whoever you are.

I yam who I yam . . .

dd

Archived