This looks like it could be the same church:

http://www.bibliocad.com/library/sacred-heart-church,-19th-century--santa-rosa,-guanajuanto,-mexico_40435

I've been to the city of Guanajuato several times (very photogenic place) but not to Santa Rosa.

I guess the name would be Templo del Corazon Sagrado (or something like that) in Spanish.

Paul, I wonder if you might try Google Earth to take a virtual walk around that town to see if you can spot the name? 

Ed, the name of the church -- "Sacred Heart" en ingles-- is given in the link that I provided. Pretty sure it's the same church.

John, that looks like it could be The Church of the Sacred Heart. Thanks so much. I still want to try and confirm though. How did you find that?

I did some Google searches and just happened upon the website. I think it's the same church. Check out the fancy Moorish arches on either side of the steeples. The brickwork on the steeples could have been stuccoed and painted over. It happens. Actually, I think the full name might be Sacred Heart of Jesus (Templo del Corazon Sagrado de Jesus).

Archived