Help with release forms

Please can anybody help? I need to submit some release forms, I have downloaded the pdf forms, I can print and fill them in ok, or can i do it on the computer? from there I am stuck, what is the best system/routine of copying/scanning I don't have the facility to convert to word, and how do I keep a link with the photos?

Loads of questions sorry:(

Thanks for looking

Judi

Just import the pdf into Photoshop, you can then flatten it and fill it out using text plus place a photo on the top right. You can then either print it out for signing or sign with a Wacom brush. The pdf can then be saved in whatever format you want - a jpeg is ideal.

I use adobe acrobat pro to fill, attach and complete most of mine in, it all depends on how you like doing it.

If you have the new Microsoft office 2013 it does allow you to fill PDF's in. Or you can use MS paint, photoshop and some free ones of the web

Thanks folks very helpful, I am sure that i can manage that.  

Another question, if I am using body parts, like arms or legs is it the photo that I take or do i have to actually photograph the whole person to put on the release, sorry to be so dumb but i would like to get it right the first time.

Thanks again

Judi

You can shoot a portrait for the reference but I also have Getty releases where I use the actual image I am getting released. I would only tend to do that with established models who you know.

I don't want to put a spoke in Alamy's releases but if you want more universal acceptance of a release I would use the Getty ones which are publically available. Alamy releases for Alamy but better to use a GI one for future-proofing uploading elsewhere.

Just import the pdf into Photoshop, you can then flatten it and fill it out using text plus place a photo on the top right. You can then either print it out for signing or sign with a Wacom brush. The pdf can then be saved in whatever format you want - a jpeg is ideal.

Thanks Geoff tried your method worked a treat, just need a wacom now  :)

Thanks folks very helpful, I am sure that i can manage that.  

Another question, if I am using body parts, like arms or legs is it the photo that I take or do i have to actually photograph the whole person to put on the release, sorry to be so dumb but i would like to get it right the first time.

Thanks again

Judi

yes by alamy rules even if it shows a finger nail or any part of the human body it needs a MR 

Whilst I was serving my 28-day sin bin sentence I used the time to look at other income stream options when I found a great app called Easy Release that works on both iPhone & Android.

It uses a standard Getty type model and property releases but you can create your own if you wish. Once all the details are recorded and a photo of the model attached via the phone's camera, it creates a pdf that can be sent to both photographer and model. It's easy to then upload this pdf wherever it is required. It keeps all the releases you have signed and if you change anything afterwards the release needs to be signed again.

It cost £6 but is worth it as I always have my phone on me but frequently forget to print off model releases to take with me.

Archived