Keywording - is Location searchable by Customers?

I ask because I was under the impression that it used to be searchable but is no longer.

Looking at AoA I found a search for "EU Flag" which returned some of my images which were not of that flag, did not include "EU" in keywords, but did include "EU" in "Location".

Thinking that Location was not searchable I put the location in keywords where I think it to be relevant.

How do you deal with this please?

Peter,

You do seem to have the location data in your keywords as well.

I just had a quick look and, for the search you mention, 5 of your images come up and all have EU as a keyword just prior to your own reference eg.  pjphoto59.

Ian D

The location data used to be searchable but my understanding is that this was stopped some time ago. I am not sure why the field is still available as I do not believe that it is visible to a buyer. Since the change I have always put the location data in my keywords.

dov

The location data used to be searchable but my understanding is that this was stopped some time ago. I am not sure why the field is still available as I do not believe that it is visible to a buyer. Since the change I have always put the location data in my keywords.

dov

The field is visible to the buyer if it has information in it and as Alamy says it can make or break a sale.

"You do seem to have the location data in your keywords as well.

I just had a quick look and, for the search you mention, 5 of your images come up and all have EU as a keyword just prior to your own reference eg.  pjphoto59."

Ian,

Yes the search I had found on AoA was for "EU Flag" and trying it  in my images 5(?) of my images came up, some of which did not have "EU" in the keywords but did have it in Location (I think). 

I removed EU from the keywords, but of course changes to keywords take some time to be applied.   I will check them again now and make sure (by way of experiment that they have "EU" in the Location but not the keywords.

When the Location Box became non searchable I went through an exercise of putting locations in keywords when I thought it necessary, but probably missed many...

Edit:   Just checked and had a "Silly me" moment,  using search in "My Images" the default is search of "All fields" so that searches Location as well although customer searches should not.

2nd Edit!!  Now I remember, when I did the first search on "EU Flag" I did it in the customers search box as "EU Flag pjphoto59" so it should not have searched the location box.

"Peter,

You do seem to have the location data in your keywords as well.

I just had a quick look and, for the search you mention, 5 of your images come up and all have EU as a keyword just prior to your own reference eg.  pjphoto59.

Ian D"

Ian, 

As a matter of interest, how do you access my Main Keywords?   When I look at images using the link on here I only see Essential keywords, as do customers....

Ian, 

As a matter of interest, how do you access my Main Keywords?   When I look at images using the link on here I only see Essential keywords, as do customers....

Peter,

A little known technique!!

Right click the zoomed image and select "save image as" to your desktop or other folder. Open the file in Photoshop (or any other program which shows metadata) and the full selection of keywords is visible - in Photoshop it's under File Info.

Regards

Ian D

Archived