not able to copy and paste safari mac snow leopard

Since upgrading to Snow Leopard in Safari I can't copy and paste keywords from a word pages (where I keep my master keywords) to my images in the new version. I am not kin or have time to enter all the keywords individually.

I followed suggestion from https://discussions....5774184#5774184

Reboot holding down the Shift Key (you'll hear a little series of tones)

Utilities->Disk Utility

Repair Permissions on your system HD

Reboot. But it did not solve the problem.

Command c and v does not work and safari copy and paste is disabled. It works if I am not working on alamy images in a new version.

Could you help, please?

Krystyna

My stock answer to problems like this is firstly to try a different browser - e.g. Firefox.

EDIT: Is this affecting programs other than Safari and Alamy Manage Images? Are you saying it works on the older version of Manage Images?  It's not fully clear what the problem is.

'Command' key works. Only problems when working on key wording of images in alamy. I checked in my husband computer, it is the some.

Krystyna

So one command key works, but the other doesn't? Is this correct?

And you have your keywords on a word processing programme. Is it Pages on the Mac?

Can you copy some text and paste it somewhere else? Or is it just that you can't paste words into the boxes on Alamy's 'Manage Images' page?

And is the problem only with Safari (rather than, say, Firefox)?

If you give us some more details, someone might be able to help...

So one command key works, but the other doesn't? Is this correct?

Command key works outside Alamy's 'Manage Images' page

Can you copy some text and paste it somewhere else?

Yes

Or is it just that you can't paste words into the boxes on Alamy's 'Manage Images' page?

Yes!

Manage Images (old and new versions) is working fine on Firefox, on iMac. The old Manage Images works fine for me on Safari... But I cannot get Manage Images, new version, to work on Safari...

Ia anybody else having trouble with Safari?

The only thing I can suggest, Krystyna, is downloading Firefox...

That correct John. It must be something to do with alamy set up. It works for me in old version too but it takes so much longer.

What is advantage of Firefox over safari? I do not wish to clutter my iMac. Thank you for taking the trouble.

I checked on your photographs and your Adel church knocker is so much better than mine. I will have to revisit is. It is walking distance from me. 

Krystyna

That correct John. It must be something to do with alamy set up. It works for me in old version too but it takes so much longer.

What is advantage of Firefox over safari? I do not wish to clutter my iMac. Thank you for taking the trouble.

I checked on your photographs and your Adel church knocker is so much better than mine. I will have to revisit is. It is walking distance from me. 

Krystyna

I use Firefox all the time. Just seems faster than Safari. Download it and try it (it doesn't take up much room)...

You can walk to Adel Church? I was born and raised in Bramhope, a couple of miles away, and played cricket for many summers on the playing fields next to Adel Church. Small world...

Krystyna

I use Firefox all the time. Just seems faster than Safari. Download it and try it (it doesn't take up much room)...

You can walk to Adel Church? I was born and raised in Bramhope, a couple of miles away, and played cricket for many summers on the playing fields next to Adel Church. Small world...

I will try it.

Archived