new generative AI restriction / does that include Photoshop AI Denoise?

its from another place but Alamy could join in...
included in new rules were:

Retouching Requirements
You can retouch your original, copyrighted content (“Retouching”) using traditional (non‑AI) or generative AI tools and including people, provided you:
  • Do not retouch more than 10% of the image pixels or recolor the primary subject (whole image color adjustments are acceptable).

• certainly "50" setting AI Denoise affects >10% of pixels;
    would setting of "10" only affect 10% of pixels...?

Retouching definition please? Noise reduction is not retouching by any stretch of any definition. Nor is sharpening. What does recolor even mean for a raw image where you can choose what white balance you use in the first place? It only has the colour you decide to give it. Even if it made sense, it is completely unenforceable in any case unless you have to provide raw images as well. I don't think it is time to panic just yet given that Alamy don't QC for content anyway. 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Sky replacement affects more than 10%

I've never noticed PS Denoise alter the WB. Are you still starting from RAWs converted to DNGs instead of original RAW files?

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 1

Is this about generative AI or plain old AI? Adobe Denoise is not generative AI in any case. 

Plain old non-AI noise reduction will reduce detail (e.g. smooth skin) and is generally much worse than Denoise, which is good at recognising the main subject and not going over the top with noise reduction. It also automatically applies some skilful sharpening to the main subject. The key is to use all noise reduction judiciously and Denoise is very good at judging that. If overdone, it will definitely adversely affect skin making it look like plastic (as does non-AI noise reduction). 

Edited by MDM

Posted (edited)

MarkC & MDM, me online mates,
Yes ARWs ==> DNGs is first step;
my bad, mild color balance done to DNG & further to 16bitTIF by me;
I never replace sky, I only mildly intensify blue in sky…
the main thrust of the announcement was to NOT change reality;
no reshaping of people’s bodies, etc., regenerative AI, retouching, or however…

Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

21 hours ago, MDM said:

Retouching definition please? Noise reduction is not retouching by any stretch of any definition. Nor is sharpening. What does recolor even mean for a raw image where you can choose what white balance you use in the first place? It only has the colour you decide to give it. Even if it made sense, it is completely unenforceable in any case unless you have to provide raw images as well. I don't think it is time to panic just yet given that Alamy don't QC for content anyway. 

This I assume means such things as if the subject is wearing a red dress, you change it to purple. Or if a building is white, changing it to red. They say that you can alter the color of the entire image, but not primary subject alone, therefore affecting mood as opposed to content.  This will be an ongoing thing with Alamy fine tuning what can and cannot be done.  I don't think this affects noise control.

2 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

This I assume means such things as if the subject is wearing a red dress, you change it to purple. Or if a building is white, changing it to red. They say that you can alter the color of the entire image, but not primary subject alone, therefore affecting mood as opposed to content.  This will be an ongoing thing with Alamy fine tuning what can and cannot be done.  I don't think this affects noise control.

This is not from Alamy. Jeff said from another place speculating that Alamy could join in. I really doubt that.  

• Like 1