The mystical properties of Tineye

Today I was searching for Alamy photos used in The Times online. In the business section is a series of images, two of which are credited to Alamy,

For some reason, ad blocker maybe, I'm not seeing these photos, just a blank grey rectangle with the white  letter T in the centre. 

More in hope than expectation, I tried Tineye on these blanks, but, lo and behold, it found them both.

Weird or what ??

• Thanks 1

I’ve been having this problem for some time with The Times. I can always see the headline photo but almost never any subsequent photos in the same article. If anyone works out what’s going on, that would be very helpful.

43 minutes ago, Sally said:

I’ve been having this problem for some time with The Times. I can always see the headline photo but almost never any subsequent photos in the same article. If anyone works out what’s going on, that would be very helpful.

Is it because the Times requires a paid subscription?

12 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Is it because the Times requires a paid subscription?

I’ve got one, so that’s not the issue.

13 hours ago, Sally said:

Can't help Sally, as I've only once had this issue and only in one article. My ad blocker does effectively block the ads, so maybe this is related ?

• Like 1

On 02/06/2024 at 18:15, Sally said:

I've not found an explanation for this, which appears to be happening more often, - I need to ring the Times to find out - but if you right click on the photo you can access the image address which will then show up in your browser.

On 03/06/2024 at 07:38, Sally said:

I’ve got one, so that’s not the issue.

Seems to be Google Chrome issue. It’s fine in Safari. Not sure how to sort it. Tried the usual things like clearing cache.