Posted (edited)

I've never had this happen before, but today I had a post deleted as it is claimed "This goes against our Terms of Service on intellectual property." The post contained photos taken at the Shildon outpost of the National Railway Museum and showed the replica Rocket in steam, along with some other shots of the building etc. There are umpteen photos of Shildon on Alamy and elsewhere, what is going on? 

Edited by Bryan

Reportedly over 350 million photos are uploaded to FB every day. That sounds like far too many to check, so perhaps someone at the museum saw yours and complained for reasons unknown. 😕

Posted (edited)

Well it appears that I am now a marked man as far as Facebook is concerned. I can't think that mine were the only photos taken yesterday that will eventually end up on Facebook, there were people taking pictures by the bucketfull.  I wonder if this will bounce ?

2X8JHCF.jpg

One thought, I did add my own copyright message to some of the shots uploaded, but I've done that before without any consequence. AI gone mad ?

Edited by Bryan

Rather odd given the amount of images that posters use every day of the week that are lifted from Alamy, amongst others, complete with watermark, that don't get taken down.

• Like 1

Facebook is getting worse in terms of user privacy, and the quality of content is steadily declining. For every friend's post, I see a lot of unwanted content, so this particular outlet is barely hanging on to me...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Facebook is getting worse in terms of user privacy, and the quality of content is steadily declining. For every friend's post, I see a lot of unwanted content, so this particular outlet is barely hanging on to me...

It's significant that neither or our 40+ year old sons now use Facebook, it seems to be coming the preserve of an older generation. Our private allotment FB group is well supported by the, mainly retired, clientele.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe they were afraid that the photo would reveal the ultra secret modern propulsion technology being used.

Edited by Johnnie5
  • Like 3