Nikon D610

I've been thinking about upgrading from my D300 to the new D610. Initial reviews looked good indicating Nikon had resolved the oil issues that plagued the D600 with a newly designed shutter. However, recently I noticed almost half of the reviews on Amazon cite the same problems with dust (or oil.) A google search on this topic brought up similar complaints.

So I was wondering if any Alamy users are shooting with the Nikon D610 and are you experiencing similar issues. 

The Nikon D600 is why I sold off all of my Nikon gear.I had the oil problems on the D7000 as well.This was with 2 bodies of each.

I bought when they first came out adn sold at a big loss;something I will never do again.

I switched to Canon and so far,so good!

L

I have a D600, and I have had the dust issue, but not oil, 

Dont' be put off the D610 because of the D600 legacy..

Have a read of this;

http://garyksmithphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-nikon-d600-strange-journey.html

http://garyksmithphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/ten-months-on-with-nikon-d600.html

The Nikon D600 is why I sold off all of my Nikon gear.I had the oil problems on the D7000 as well.This was with 2 bodies of each.

I bought when they first came out adn sold at a big loss;something I will never do again.

I switched to Canon and so far,so good!

L

Thanks Linda,

As frustrated as I've been with Nikon USA, at this point I have enough invested in Nikon,  7 fx lenses, several old bodies, a couple of strobes and miscellaneous accessories, that it just wouldn't make economic sense to switch to Canon. Not that it's within my budget but, given the loss, it would probably be cheaper to buy a higher end Nikon. Maybe a D800.

fD

Hi.  I've had my D600 for a year now and absolutely love it.  No oil problems, dust removal on occasion, nothing horrible as has been reported.    I've now shot over 10,000 images with it and the image quality is absolutely stupendous.  I have shot at high iso which is easily handled in PS raw conversions.  A bonus is you can crop into the images and still extract quality. 

Good luck with  your decision--  Pat

• 2 weeks later...

How can u say about dust issues when every slr made gets dust on its sensor, the problems with the d600 was oil not dust. I have had my d600 for a yr now and have yet to experience this problem 

Archived