UK 1960s Motorsports racetrack

geogphotos

I'm guessing southern England ( because all the others are) 

September 1963 ( date on slide)

Location unknown - hopefully you will know it! 

I00004ArA6FJD2ko.jpg

I0000zpKyBAHoilE.jpg

I0000edKBSkD26_c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by geogphotos

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks for looking

Nearest car in the middle picture could be a Napier-Railton, they have one at Brooklands Museum. Tail is slightly different but they used to coach build those racers anyway and I daresay th bodywork got smashed up quite frequently. If it is Goodwood then I imagine they keep records of all the races and they still run very similar races at the Goodwood Revival.

Edited by Harry Harrison

35 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Nearest car in the middle picture could be a Napier-Railton, they have one at Brooklands Museum. Tail is slightly different but they used to coach build those racers anyway and I daresay th bodywork got smashed up quite frequently. If it is Goodwood then I imagine they keep records of all the races and they still run very similar races at the Goodwood Revival.

I have found the programmes for 1963 but can't match up the car numbers.

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I should have said 'the' Napier Railton I think, may not be that of course but it looks very similar. I see that it's definitely Goodwood:

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-coverage/festival-of-speed/2021/4/goodwood-to-celebrate-70-years-of-brm-at-fos-and-revival/

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Backing down on the Napier Railton, no sign of the exhaust pipes or that massive silencer, probably a bit too small as well. It's definitely not a Plymouth either.