For 'archival' what is the minimum size in kb?

zxzoomy

Question

I'm downloading my old pics at their maximum size from google photos by asking for a complete download of everything I've uploaded to google.  For 'archival' what is the minimum size acceptable to Alamy in kb?

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Image size of 5MP, I believe- obviously file size depends on the compression so if you're downloading at full size it's not relevant. For archival scans I downsize to 3250p long side which is comfortably over the minimum.

Thank you for the quick reply. If the image is too small the uploader announces this and won't take it so that's good.

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

5 MB uncompressed

This compares to a minimum of 17mb uncompressed for stock. Small archival images usually show their size at 150 dpi rather than the usual 300.

Thank you everyone. Most useful. The uploader's refusal to accept anything smaller is helpful. The challenge is to assess for oneself what is the minimum quality that is reasonable while considering the 'rarity' or otherwise of the image.