Facebook problem

Bryan

Question

Sorry not photo related, but I know that there are some software boffins here.

My personal Facebook page is fine, but the two other private pages that I am a member of (and co administrator of one) are behaving weirdly. I am not seeing recent posts. I can post and I get notifications when folk respond, but my posts and other recent posts are not showing. The problem appears to be limited to my Win 10 desktop running Chrome. My phone is fine as is my Nexus tablet.  Looking at suggestions online I've cleared the Chrome cache, but that made no difference.

Any ideas ?

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

Try another browser.   I passionately hate the Crome's tentacles.  My browser of choice is Firefox, but I will use Edge at times.  Also, allow cookies for the site? 

Thanks Rebecca, I was toying with the idea of switching browsers, but all of my devices use Chrome so I'm a bit reluctant to ditch it. However it might come to that. I'll look into the cookie thing.

I always used to use nothing but Firefox but over the years it became more and more sluggish so several years ago I switched to Chrome which was much faster. I've had no real problems with Chrome since then and I do a lot of browsing, though I have tried Brave a few times and have found it OK, if rather slow to start up.

Alan

Edited by Inchiquin

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

I've found a fix, I think the problem was related to my ad blocker Ublock . I updated it and purged its caches and all appears to be well !

Bryan, so many times I’ve found when I’ve tried everything I know to do, which as you know is limited, soon after asking someone the solution appears suddenly in my mind. Many times as the question is coming out of my mouth to a family member, I suddenly say, “Oh!”  My mind is a very strange part of my body. :D

I wish solutions would always come to me this way, but alas, they don’t most of the time. That’s often when MDM or others come to the rescue.

• Like 1