Puzzling photo credit line

I had an image invoiced (low $$) today to a UK editorial website. The photo use was easy to find because the licensing terms actually included the name of the publication. However, the photo credit on the website is as follows: "John Mitchell / Alamy Stock Photo via Shutterstock". Has anyone ever seen this? I wasn't aware that SS is an Alamy distributor. Am I missing something?

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

• John Mitchell changed the title to Puzzling photo credit line

I tried searching for an Alamy collection on ss and came up empty, then did a Google search for "Alamy Stock Photo via Shutterstock" and got one hit - your image! I have a feeling it was a typo on someone's part. 😎 (big sigh of relief). 

• Love 2

18 minutes ago, Marianne said:

I tried searching for an Alamy collection on ss and came up empty, then did a Google search for "Alamy Stock Photo via Shutterstock" and got one hit - your image! I have a feeling it was a typo on someone's part. 😎 (big sigh of relief). 

I was credited once as (my name) Alamy/Getty Images for a photo that wasn't mine and I've never been with G. Picture desk mistake, obviously.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I had an image invoiced (low $$) today to a UK editorial website. The photo use was easy to find because the licensing terms actually included the name of the publication. However, the photo credit on the website is as follows: "John Mitchell / Alamy Stock Photo via Shutterstock". Has anyone ever seen this? I wasn't aware that SS is an Alamy distributor. Am I missing something?

Going on replies to your post above.

How dare a credit writer put Alamy and Shutterstock in the same sentence.

Come to that how dare I?😀

Allan

• Like 1